Bronco Hut  

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ

600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
Rust Bullet
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Bronco Auctions

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Tech - Archives

Old 10/08/10, 09:37 AM   #1
croft75

Ontario, Canada

My Gallery
Adjustable Radius Arm Drop Bracket 66-77

I need some more castor, has anyone used the WH or duffs Adjustable Radius Arm Drop Brackets . Theres a $50.00 difference in price is there a difference in quality.
Are there any drawbacks to them. Thanks for any info you might have.
Old 10/08/10, 10:45 AM   #2
lowpressure

broncos and mustangs.........gotta love em!!

Shreveport, LA
you'll lose some ground clearance with the drop bracket obviously. i installed the ones from toms a couple weeks ago but havent driven the truck yet since im in the middle of a frame off rebuild. they were very heavy duty and fit nice enough that i didnt have to manipulate them prior to welding. i'll post a couple more pics tonight of the frame. im gonna fabricate a plate that runs from the bottom of the bracket up to the frame a foot or so behind it to act as a scid so it wont be as likely to hang up on rocks and what not.
Old 10/08/10, 11:39 AM   #3
SurfCityEB66

It is what it is...

Huntington Beach, CA

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by croft75 View Post
I need some more castor, has anyone used the WH or duffs Adjustable Radius Arm Drop Brackets . Theres a $50.00 difference in price is there a difference in quality.
Are there any drawbacks to them. Thanks for any info you might have.
have you tried playing with the C-bushings first or maybe buying a different degree 4 or 7??? I would try that first... I have a 5.5 lift, fabbed my own extended radius arms but still had to fine tune with 7 degree C-bushings.

"..thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it." Henry Ford
Old 10/08/10, 03:25 PM   #4
croft75

Ontario, Canada

My Gallery
SurfCity my problem is I installed a Cage 3.5" lift with the 4* bushings thought everything was good until i drove it , I ended up replacing everything in the front end and realized my castor was still negative approx -1.7 and -1.2* so I replaced 4* with 7* it helped a lot but only gave me approx 2* positive and still a handful in the steering. I'm really not keen on grinding off the knuckles and spinning them so I saw this as an option. I did look at the TOMS ones but they are not adjustable.
Old 10/08/10, 06:25 PM   #5
shamu
Contributor
Lucky as the day is long.

Richardson,Tx

My Gallery
Garage
I bit the bullet and went with WH long arms and new radius arm brackets. cutting and welding is required. 4.5" lift kit 7 degree bushings. tracks great on the street, even better off road. will climb 74.5" on a ramp (backwards)
i do not worry about hanging up on rocks. i tried the dropped frame brackets. great for street, too low for 3 plus trails.
Old 10/09/10, 08:30 PM   #6
redrocks

Riverton. UT
I am using the adjustable arms from BC Broncos and love the way they work. My only complaint is that I have to tighten them after running tough trails.

76, 5.0,C4,stak 3spd, Ox front, Detroit rear,3.5" BC, 1"BL 35's, BC radius arms......
Old 10/09/10, 09:00 PM   #7
lowpressure

broncos and mustangs.........gotta love em!!

Shreveport, LA
i call every so often but bc has been out of those arms for a while...........i would gladly grind off my brackets and install those if they would get some fabricated.....
Old 10/10/10, 07:52 AM   #8
Apogee
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Cuz that's how I roll.

Tangent, OR
May I ask why you're not interested in rotating the knuckles? That's the cheapest, cleanest solution to adding more caster since it's the only option that won't change your pinion angle at the same time and doesn't require any parts that you don't already have.

Did you know that 95% of all statistics are made up on the spot?

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Tech - Archives