• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ted Nugent 1966 HalfCab Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buildabronco.com

Loc.
Tekonsha, Mi
We are in the planning stages of the rebuild/resoration of Ted Nugent's 1966 U14 HalfCab Bronco. We have the Bronco at the shop. We are evaluating the Bronco and deciding on the direction of the build. The body is fairly solid but for sure needs some work. We cant wait to get started on this build and would love any input on direction. FYI the plan is for a solid workhorse Bronco. Something that can be used and abused in the field but at the same time retain some originality. I will post some pics now and more pics to come as soon as we get started. Video also on our Youtube channel.

Entourage

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
This will be a fun thread to watch. Cannot wait to see what a crazy Bronco guy with an unlimited budget builds at the premiere Bronco builder - recipe for a killer Bronco.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I'm going to be watching this one. That Bronco is one of the main reasons I decided I needed a half cab!

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Forgot my input. Keep it black, keep it uncut (PLEASE), and keep that cut down truck tailgate!

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
how about keeping this one uncut for good 'ol uncle ted

Last edited:

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
On one hand I hope you mod it up real good so mine will be all the more unique, on the other I'd like to see pics and footage of it being made back to original so I can see how it's done. ;D

I subscribed to the You Tube channel, looking forward to watching the progress.

OP
OP
buildabronco.com

buildabronco.com

Loc.
Tekonsha, Mi
As im sure you can imagine we are strictly building to Ted's specs. We are strongly suggesting keeping it uncut, I6, small lift. He is wanting a workhorse.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
a 250 i6 with classicinlines aluminum head and a c4 behind it would be cool.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Build a 250ci 6 banger, header, dualed, 3.5-5 suspension lift, 4.11's, F/R ARB's or Detriots, 33-35x9.50-11.50, on some 18" Black rims. Matte Black paint, 3" chopped fiberglass 1/2 cab top, with a full family cage going through the top, '65 Mustang bench with the armrest in Black. Or build it for me and I'll buy it!

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Build a 250ci 6 banger, header, dualed, 3.5-5 suspension lift, 4.11's, F/R ARB's or Detriots, 33-35x9.50-11.50, on some 18" Black rims. Matte Black paint, 3" chopped fiberglass 1/2 cab top, with a full family cage going through the top, '65 Mustang bench with the armrest in Black. Or build it for me and I'll buy it!

I could agree more! Can't wait to see how it turns out!!!

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
I'd like to see it stuffed as full of modern technology as you can get without making it obvious from outside: power inverters, PTO generator, PW, PL, RKE & start, PSeats & PMirs w/memory, PAnt, maybe that system Ford is putting in F350s now that allows you to tag your tools (guns) and then alerts you if you drive off without one, HIDs & LEDs, cameras instead of mirrors, rock-slider steps (maybe retracting), traction control ABS...

JakeAlex

Loc.
New Albany, MS
Marking this thread so I can keep track of it. Should be fun to watch.

I'd say around 2.5 to 3.5 suspension, uncut on skinny 31s (or 32s) with good grip (km2 or tsl sx). For goodness sakes not zebra print. If black, maybe flat black since he already has a great looking shiny black full cab. Although....I think a desert tan with black wheels, & flares, and an OD green top would look good as well as satisfy his proud military bone. I could see OD green American flags painted under each side bronco emblem as well.... Just my opinion but I'd dig it.

Good luck with it and do keep us informed.
Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.