Bronco Hut  

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ

600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Bronco Auctions
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives

Old 04/17/11, 10:19 PM   #1
Pa PITT
Contributor
Bronco Guru

NP435 BED LINER TOP. BED. BUMPERS. ROCKERS. 4bt P/S. FLOTHRU TAILGATE. 16'' TIR

Stephenville..TX.

My Gallery
Garage
16 inch 5 holes wheels.

Ok some one told my running Buddy that 16'' wheels off a van would not work on his Bronco if he has the disk brake setup on it... He does.. So do you know if 16 from a van will work or not . He has a chevy set up.for his disk.
... They also told him that wheels from a 1995 dodge 4x4 with 16 will work anyone have any thought on that one. I told him those dodge wheels would be too hard to find most likely.
.... We have not been able to find him a set of skinny 16's for his Bronco.

............R. I. P. H. D. May 2nd 1999
Old 04/17/11, 10:59 PM   #2
bteutsch
Contributor

Bossier City, LA
eBay: bjteutsch

My Gallery
Garage
Try Dan at Bronco Connection.. http://www.broncoparts4u.com/. He has them used or at least he did a while back when I bought some 15" wheels from him..great do deal with...
Old 04/17/11, 11:04 PM   #3
Broncobowsher
Bronco Guru

Adapt and overcome

Maricopa, AZ
The Dodge wheels are well known for having too small of a centering hole. Some have been machined out to work.

The E150 16's are hard to find. Apparently they were only used for a couple of years (which years I don't know). The last E150 I had my hands on had 8 lug wheels.

I would love to find a set of 16" 5x5˝ wheels for my F150 utility trailer. That way I could use my daily driver take offs (worn tread, good sidewalls) to keep fresh tires on the trailer. The last 3 maypops have all popped where the trailer sits now (that included the spare).

"She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro"-Zapp Brannigan
“How hard can it be?”-Clarksonius 4th century BC.
Full throttle, it either solves the problem or ends the suspense.
Old 04/17/11, 11:16 PM   #4
broncoman805

Oxnard, CA
You could try military Jeep M38 or M38-A1 wheels. Or try Cooker Tires.

Gilbert
Still a Newbie
Old 04/17/11, 11:45 PM   #5
broncnaz
Contributor
Bronco Guru

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

Thatcher, AZ
05 and up dodge dakotas, 94 up 1/2 ton rams 2wd/4wd all used 16in rims with the 5 on 5 1/2 but hub bore size may be a issue with a lot of dodge rims. You could get the bores opened up to fit though.

73 Ranger 2 1/2 lift 302 TFS heads NP435,PS,PDB, tierod over, 33x10.50x15 BFG M/T
71 Sport 63,000 miles all orginal except for cut fenders 302 3sp 4.11's D44/BBTrac lok rear
Old 04/18/11, 12:01 AM   #6
75junebug
Contributor

Whoops, did I do that?

NW Houston Tx

My Gallery
Aftermarket has them. I had a set that came with a truck that was given to me. They were from a 96 1500 Dodge 4x4. The center hole was correct. Might be cheaper and safer to go that route. The Dodge factory steel wheels have a lot of back spacing, and once the hole is trimmed out, there is not enough metal in my opinion(Dodge wheels use thinner metal). Besides, the last time I had the machine shop in S'ville ream some wheels for me, they charged 50 bucks a wheel(the wheels were from an 85 F350, going on and 89, and the hubs were wider) I think you can get whit or black wagon wheels for about 70 bucks each brand new

75 Bronco 351 Q-jet, HEI dizzy 435 tranny 3.5WH lift, 2"body lift 35" BFG KM 2's, 4.11 gearing, twin stick, Power disc front conversion,
Old 04/18/11, 10:50 PM   #7
Pa PITT
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Stephenville..TX.

My Gallery
Garage
Well turning the hole in the center is no problem for us as he has the lathe to do it for free.. Free as paying his employees to do them so that part is not a problem but how about the wheel coming in contact with caliper ass.
... We didn't want to spend the 70 bucks a pop but may still have to .. One of the members here had a set during the winter but he was snowed in and hasn't answered.. E Mails since.
Any more thoughts.

Old 04/18/11, 11:24 PM   #8
DirtDonk
Contributor
Bronco Guru

San Jose, CA
Did he say why they would interfere with disc calipers? If 15" wheels fit with them no problem, I have a hard time believing any normal 16 would hit. Unless it's an offset issue, but even then, I can't quite picture what the problem would be.
Maybe the design of the center stamping (or aluminum casting) is such that too much material in inboard in the hub area, and hits something. That would explain why a 16" would hit, while a 15" would fit.

Paul
Old 04/18/11, 11:27 PM   #9
Steve83
Bronco Guru

Fullsize Bronco Guru

Memphis, TN, USA
eBay: untod
Once the centers are widened, I don't see why there would be any problem with the Dodge rims, other than their higher backspacing. The '04-up E150 rims should fit fine.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/7...16grinding.jpg

Old 04/19/11, 12:10 PM   #10
75junebug
Contributor

Whoops, did I do that?

NW Houston Tx

My Gallery
Am I wrong in thinking that any F150 or E150 5 bolt wheel will NOT work on a pre 1997 Ford product? The metric size is close, but no cigar. Or are the vans still 5x5 1/2?
As far as the caliper interference, I can see how the offset on a factory dodge rim may interfere with the brake caliper. Not neccesarily on the top(outer edge), but on the caliper horozontal surface, next to the inside rim face.
I'd say get on from Parhams, and mil the center and try. A few of us would like to know

75 Bronco 351 Q-jet, HEI dizzy 435 tranny 3.5WH lift, 2"body lift 35" BFG KM 2's, 4.11 gearing, twin stick, Power disc front conversion,
Old 04/19/11, 01:44 PM   #11
Broncobowsher
Bronco Guru

Adapt and overcome

Maricopa, AZ
Only the F150 went metric in '97. The E-series is still old. Steve states '04 and newer are the 16" 5-lug. But I remember we got an E150 last year at work and was surprised it had 8-lug wheels. So I know there are a few more qualifiers to it other then just "'04 and newer E150", but don't know what they are.

"She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro"-Zapp Brannigan
“How hard can it be?”-Clarksonius 4th century BC.
Full throttle, it either solves the problem or ends the suspense.
Old 04/19/11, 10:06 PM   #12
Steve83
Bronco Guru

Fullsize Bronco Guru

Memphis, TN, USA
eBay: untod
Maybe it's '04-09. I haven't checked the most recent E150s.

Old 04/20/11, 04:06 PM   #13
fatboy
Contributor
Glad to be here.

Bad decisions make for good stories.

Coastal NH

My Gallery
I have some 16 inch tires I would like to use and I am looking as well. don't want ot spend much either since I will be going with bigger tires and have nice rims for that at a later date. I will be keeping an eye on this thread. Thanks Papitt for bringing this up. I do not have to deal with the caliper issue though as I am still drum up front.

Life's a Journey Not a Guided Tour.

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgment.

The Mutt

The yellow truck
Old 04/20/11, 10:40 PM   #14
Pa PITT
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Stephenville..TX.

My Gallery
Garage
I'm like the rest of you guys I don't think the 16s are going to hit the calipers either. He is going to go to the wrecking yard and get 2 rims tomorrow. Then well mount one an see what we have. Maybe after the week end we'll have an answer.

Old 04/26/11, 09:31 PM   #15
John Marinan

Durango CO.
eBay: 1690johnm
I had wheels made by Stockton wheel. They took Chevy 15" stock truck rally wheels and made them into 16s. Very nice work.

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives