Bronco Hut  

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ

600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
Rust Bullet
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Bronco Auctions

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 07/31/12, 08:01 PM   #1
tw322
Contributor

Santa Clarita,Ca.
Serpentine conversion help

Ok, so I purchased a serpentine conversion from an Explorer. The kit is supposed to be complete but the box it was in was beat to shit by the post office. I have attached some pictures of what I received. Does this look complete or am I missing parts? I know that the ac pump and alternator are not here because I plan on buying a new alternator and dont plan on using an ac pump for ac or on board air. What about other parts that I need. I have the stock radiator, so do I need a new one? Will spacing be an issue? My plan is to have/pay someone to help me with the install so that it is done correctly and fairly timely since my Bronco has been down awhile. Any help is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	serp conv 1.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	266819   Click image for larger version

Name:	serp conv 2.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	266820  

1972 351,AOD,4 disc PB, 9" and 44 w/detroit lockers
I can sure take it apart like a pro...it's the putting it back together that's problematic.
tw322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/12, 08:06 PM   #2
Viperwolf1
Contributor
electron whisperer

It's not dented, it's just been environmentally streamlined!

homelessly wandering

My Gallery
PS pump is missing as well as all the bolts. Look in the tech article for the bolt sizes and any other questions.

74 Sport U151, 5.0 must-plorer EFI, C4, PS, front discs, twin sticks, 3.5" susp/1" body, 33's, 4.11's, ARBs, Hickey Sidewinder, cobra hydroboost
http://www.coloradoclassicbroncos.com
Viperwolf1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/12, 08:09 PM   #3
tw322
Contributor

Santa Clarita,Ca.
Sorry should have mentioned the bolts were sent. This is for my 351w and was supposed to be complete so I wouldn't need anything.

I can sure take it apart like a pro...it's the putting it back together that's problematic.
Old 07/31/12, 08:13 PM   #4
Viperwolf1
Contributor
electron whisperer

homelessly wandering

My Gallery
Bolts must be in the burrito?

74 Sport U151, 5.0 must-plorer EFI, C4, PS, front discs, twin sticks, 3.5" susp/1" body, 33's, 4.11's, ARBs, Hickey Sidewinder, cobra hydroboost
Old 07/31/12, 08:16 PM   #5
tw322
Contributor

Santa Clarita,Ca.
Hahaha....yes. It is disappointing that I am missing stuff. What about the harmonic balancer?

Old 07/31/12, 08:36 PM   #6
Viperwolf1
Contributor
electron whisperer

homelessly wandering

My Gallery
The balancer is there. You will need to have it rebalanced for the 351.

Old 07/31/12, 08:40 PM   #7
MarsChariot
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Resistance is useless!

Albuquerque

My Gallery
And the alternator is missing. But, hey, you get to bypass the part where you try to make the old PS pump and alternator work and just get new ones from the get go. Saves a lot of time.

Uncut Regal Red 1971 Sport; 1" body, 2" supension; Bilsteins; FR 5.0 crate; Explorer serp; NV3550; D20 twin stick; Gladiator rack; 4.11 TracLoc fD44/r9"; 9.50x30 MT BFGs on stock rims; EM2 "Twilight Bronco", Cut Blue 1976, 12.50x33 MT BF on AR Venturas; 2.5" suspension
MarsChariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/12, 08:41 PM   #8
tw322
Contributor

Santa Clarita,Ca.
Perfect thanks. Now I will have to start a thread to find someone who wants to take on the task of coming to help for some extra money. Any ideas on what the cost for someone to install this runs...with me looking over their shoulder and helping so I can learn?

Old 07/31/12, 09:18 PM   #9
73stallion
BANNED

Don't look at me in that tone of voice!

Eugene, OR

My Gallery
other option is to get a billet crank pulley from driven auto parts, may be cheaper or about the same as having the exploder balancer re-balanced. i don't see a power steering pump either.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Explore...sories&vxp=mtr
73stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/12, 09:34 PM   #10
thegreatjustino
Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey

Early Broncos make me crazy!

Stockton, CA
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw322 View Post
Perfect thanks. Now I will have to start a thread to find someone who wants to take on the task of coming to help for some extra money. Any ideas on what the cost for someone to install this runs...with me looking over their shoulder and helping so I can learn?
Read this three or four times and then get to it!

http://classicbroncos.com/tech/explo...elt-conversion

'When my Bronco is finished' is only a hypothetical statement.
thegreatjustino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/12, 09:55 PM   #11
joe
Contributor
Bronco Guru

1325.85 miles from MOAB!

central Il,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperwolf1 View Post
The balancer is there. You will need to have it rebalanced for the 351.
damper dudes did both of mine, 50 bucks i think

70-uncut my new 73 crawler & Nat's blue 72 351W GT-40 EFI, Explorer serpentine w/Taurus fan, C-4, 3.8 Atlas, 488's w/44OX-9"spool, 37" Claws, hydro-boost/hydro assist, Duff long arms Deep faith eliminates fear...on the trail
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/12, 10:20 PM   #12
mattt
Contributor
Bronco Guru

OC
What is the remanant of the high pressure ps line hooked to? It seems to be in the same area as the feed line from the reservoir, but it doesn't make sense that the seller would remove the pulley if the pump is there. It's hard to tell in the pics...
mattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/12, 10:46 PM   #13
tw322
Contributor

Santa Clarita,Ca.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
What is the remanant of the high pressure ps line hooked to? It seems to be in the same area as the feed line from the reservoir, but it doesn't make sense that the seller would remove the pulley if the pump is there. It's hard to tell in the pics...
Help me out..is that the one coming off the metal tubing? It's not connected to anything. Looks like it was cut on the other side.

Old 07/31/12, 10:51 PM   #14
tw322
Contributor

Santa Clarita,Ca.
I got all of this from a seller on here but like I said, it's likely that stuff fell out in transit. He said the first time he sent it out that it came back to him in bad shape so he had to repackage and resend. I think the post office dragged it behind there truck for a couple of miles before I got it.

Anyone know anyone good with this type of conversion in the Santa Clarita Valley who might be able to help me with this mess for a few bucks for their troubles?

Old 07/31/12, 10:53 PM   #15
mattt
Contributor
Bronco Guru

OC
Yes, cut on one end(the rubber hose end) and male threaded fitting on the other. That is the high pressure line coming out of the ps pump.

If you have basic mechanical skills, doing the swap is pretty straight forward if you read and understand the tech article linked in a prior post.
mattt is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat