Hey guys, Tyler from the Bronco Hut here. Dana has decided to go to the toughest off road race in the world this coming February! We have a huge list of things to do to make the buggy KOH ready and there's only 111 days until the race starts.
Twisted Customs 2 seater chassis.
347 Stroker small block
14" Fox Coilovers front and rear
Spydertrax Axles front and rear with True High 9's
Front Detroit locker
Rear Arb Locker
40" Creepy Crawler tires
1. Re-tube the top half of the chassis to add side to side headroom.
2. Re-tube the back half of the chassis to mount bypass shocks and spare tire.
3. Install 33 gallon fuel cell.
4. Relocate radiator to the rear of the chassis.
5. Install new seats.
6. Add GPS unit, grab handles, and side view mirrors for the co-driver (me).
7. Change the steering setup from a single ended ram to a dual ended ram.
8. Stretch the rear suspension 5 inches with new chromolly lower links.
9. Install rear bypass shocks and mount to lower link instead of axle housing.
10. Install new high back seats.
11. Relocate Atlas shifters and line locks.
12. Rewire the complete vehicle.
13. Install new stroker small block.
14. Build rear fire wall.
15. A ton of other little things.
So here is what we are starting with. This thing has been through the ringer a few dozen times since its construction a few years ago.
After about 30 minutes of disassembly
With the rear coilovers and some tubing removed. We mocked up some cardboard to represent the new enormous fuel cell.
And, after about 15 minutes with the sawzall, we were left with this.