Bronco Hut  

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ

600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
Rust Bullet
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Bronco Auctions

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 11/05/12, 09:32 AM   #1
tasker
Contributor
all knowing of nothing

It's a jeep thing? you're all morons

The granite state

My Gallery
Garage
Help a brother out!

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...athers-bronco/

cool story.....anyone?

tasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/12, 10:15 AM   #2
fatboy
Contributor
Glad to be here.

Bad decisions make for good stories.

Coastal NH

My Gallery
How cool would that be if he were re united with the Bronco!

Life's a Journey Not a Guided Tour.

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgment.

The Mutt

The yellow truck
fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/12, 10:37 AM   #3
Bronco Junkie
Contributor
So Cal Broncos

Los Angeles
Garage
WOW....great story....hope he can find it.

Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid - John Wayne
Bronco Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/12, 10:40 AM   #4
okie4570
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Oklahoma
Garage
No info here, but is there any way to contact him about CB?

1971 302/np435/twin sticks
okie4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/12, 11:24 AM   #5
Sporto
Contributor

Money may not buy you love, but it will get you new floors!

Lansdale, PA

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie4570 View Post
No info here, but is there any way to contact him about CB?
He posted on here a few months back...

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...highlight=prom

I really hope that he finds his old Bronco and that we have another successful outcome like before with BlameJane.

Rich

If at first you don't succeed...Then you're not Chuck Norris...
Sporto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/12, 12:10 PM   #6
Broncitis
MEB Founder

www.earlybroncos.com

Dover, PA

My Gallery
I missed the previous thread.

We bought that Bronco as the 3rd owner, from a fellow Bronco enthusiast we know locally who bought it from Mark's grandmother.

That Bronco was sold just before the market really exploded. The person we bought it from paid $3500, which was a good deal, but still not unheard of then.

He called me up and said he had someone who wanted to buy it and made him an offer on it and wanted my opinion if it was a fair offer. I told him it was, but that I was interesated and would beat that offer, so we went over that night and got it for $7K.

We drove it a bit and showed it for a couple years along with the 77 Ranger we also had. We then decided we really did not need two nearly identical Broncos, and decided to sell it so we could get an enclosed trailer to haul our Broncos and fund some other projects.

We sold it at one of the Carlisle All-Ford shows to a collector from KS who said he flies in each year and buys a car and drives it home, as he did with this one. I think my dad sold it for $14,500, which I was pissed about since I insisted he ask more since I knew the market was really starting to take off. I think I could have got $20-22K for it then which would have gone alot further to finance future projects. Now days it would be a $35-$45K survivor. The running boards and aftermarket wheels were removed when we bought and sold it, so it was 100% stock, and very clean and well documented.

Mark contacted me a few years ago and I put him in contact with the buyer in KS. As I recall, the ironic part was that Mark had recently lived in the same town in KS and worked just a couple blocks from the company owned/run by the person we sold it to!

I was afraid that Mark would not understand that the Bronco was now worth MUCH more than what his grandmother sold it for, just prior to the Early Bronco market really taking off and prices going up far from where they were just a few years prior, and I think I mentioned that to him as well as what it had been bought and sold for.

I do not have many pics of that Bronco, but do have one of it being shown at Carlisle next to the nearly identical 77 Ranger which we sold last year. I will have to see if I can locate that pic or any other of it.

Broncitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/12, 01:04 PM   #7
tasker
Contributor
all knowing of nothing

It's a jeep thing? you're all morons

The granite state

My Gallery
Garage
Somehow i knew you would know about it....should of just asked first! you have the coolest stories!

tasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/12, 01:45 PM   #8
CLK Foxhall
Contributor

They're only original once

My Gallery
About what year(s) did the market start to rise, on the prices/values of EBs

TIA!
~CLK
CLK Foxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/12, 02:26 PM   #9
broncoitis
Contributor
Bronco Guru

R.I.P Roscoe and Daisy! Miss you so much!!!

North Jersey

My Gallery
Cool Story for sure! Hopefully he finds it and gets it back.

Rob 1970 Bronco: Rebuilt 302, EFI, Exp Serp, Vintage Air, Cust Console, Corbeau Seats, etc...
Build: Springtime or Bust!!!
broncoitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/12, 04:16 PM   #10
Broncitis
MEB Founder

www.earlybroncos.com

Dover, PA

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLK Foxhall View Post
About what year(s) did the market start to rise, on the prices/values of EBs

TIA!
~CLK
They have been rising steadily over the last 10 years. Right before the economy took a dive, they were headed very high, then cooled off or leveled, and have started to climb again.

I used to get calls wanting to sell me $300-$500 parts Broncos every week. Those days are long gone for anything that is remotely usable for good parts.

When we paid $7K for the Bronco in question, most non-Bronco people would think that was way too much, but I knew it was worth more than that and would only go up in value. The 2nd owner got a very good deal, but not one that was totally unheard of then. I actually ran into him at the Hershey show last month and chatted with him a bit. He still has another Bronco (sold a couple of his others as well), but life changed and he built a huge new shop, so he had to sell off some of the toys.

Knowing the Bronco well, I would say it was possibly the nicest survivor Broncos I have seen (certainly in the top 5). For those of you who are familiar with our 77 Ranger, it was as nice, but just with a couple tiny nicks in the paint and a few scuffs on the top of the rear seat, and under the hood was not quite a spotless as our 77, but it was all stock, all there, and very clean for a survivor. Easily a $35-$45K rig in today's market if marketed correctly or sold at the right auction.

One other oddity about this is that in the Hemmings story and his previous post on CB, he said it was a manual transmission. I thought it was an auto, but was not 100% sure since I did not drive it much and we have had a lot of Broncos over the years.

I asked my dad, and he is certain it was an auto. I am confident that the person we bought it from did not convert it, and that it was 100% as he bought it other than he might have taken off the running boards and put the correct wheels and hubcaps back on. I will call Mike to ask him.

My dad said he also recalls there being holes in the lip of the fenders where the mud flaps were installed.

Last edited by Broncitis; 11/05/12 at 05:46 PM..

Broncitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/12, 05:25 PM   #11
CLK Foxhall
Contributor

They're only original once

My Gallery
Broncitis

Thanks for the reply & info - It's helpful.

Cheers!
~CLK
CLK Foxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/03/13, 01:15 PM   #12
bronco1017
Contributor

Live every day like it is your last because one of these days you will be right.

Westfield
This was his post on March 20.

I found it!!

My hard work and the extremely nice folks of Vermont led me to finally tracking it down yesterday. I can’t wait for the current owner to send me pictures tonight.

Thanks to all the comments of support and Nate, if I get it back you’ll be one of the first people I take for a spin.
bronco1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/03/13, 01:21 PM   #13
Bronco Junkie
Contributor
So Cal Broncos

Los Angeles
Garage
This guy already found his grandpa's Bronco. He was bummed because someone has cut it and it does not look like what he remembers. The owner wants $35,000 for it.

Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid - John Wayne
Bronco Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/03/13, 02:01 PM   #14
okie4570
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Oklahoma
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Junkie View Post
This guy already found his grandpa's Bronco. He was bummed because someone has cut it and it does not look like what he remembers. The owner wants $35,000 for it.
Is it for sale, or that's just the price he told the guy to get it back?

1971 302/np435/twin sticks
okie4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/03/13, 02:02 PM   #15
bronco1017
Contributor

Live every day like it is your last because one of these days you will be right.

Westfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Junkie View Post
Ouch!!!!! I guess that wasn't how he envisioned it working out. Too bad but he can thank Grandpa for his love of Bronco's.
bronco1017 is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat