Bronco Hut  

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ

600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Bronco Auctions
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 05/19/13, 07:13 AM   #16
svobronco

Rehabilitated Masshole

Salem New Hampster
eBay: svobronco
I made my own. It's in the neighborhood of 20-21gal. I got tired of ripping my low-hanging 23gal tank out on rocks. It's even with the the bottom of rear x-member. The bottom plate is 3/16" and the rest is 11ga. 2 baffles front to rear and 1 side to side.
Even with it pulled up this high, I've still hit it a few times. And the rear seat fits back in with slight modifications.
svobronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/13, 08:21 AM   #17
mofoco1
Bronco Guru

Broncos Rule! And by the way if you don't love America no ones keeping you here!

Clovis, CA
eBay: mofoco1

My Gallery
Garage
I think you were dragging your tank cause you have that spool in the back!
I actually looked at the same design, but since this is more of a daily do it all build I thought the wife would take exception to having the tank protrude into the cabin. What are people doing for the fuel gauge? What is successfully being used to give an accurate reading. What are you doing as far as a return line and do I really need it, I would also like to rid myself of the vapor canister in the cabin, whats the best way to plumb the system? Lots of questions my have to have this moved to the tech section, but let see what we get. Anyone have a large tank that hasn't been installed and would post dimensions?
mofoco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/13, 01:36 PM   #18
broncnaz
Contributor
Bronco Guru

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

Thatcher, AZ
Ok here you go. some basic plans cant remember where I got them. I've never built this tank but I would do some updates if I was going to build it myself considering some of the newer mounting ideas that are floating around and possible intake fuel pumps ect.
Also included a pic of my mufflers running under the aux tank. I have fenderwell headers and they clear fine. while you do lose a little ground clearance its no big deal unless you plan on doing some hardcore stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0505.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	301521  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Gastank1.pdf (90.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: pdf Gastank2.pdf (91.1 KB, 20 views)

73 Ranger 2 1/2 lift 302 TFS heads NP435,PS,PDB, tierod over, 33x10.50x15 BFG M/T
71 Sport 63,000 miles all orginal except for cut fenders 302 3sp 4.11's D44/BBTrac lok rear
broncnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/13, 09:02 PM   #19
chuck
Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Ingram, Texas
eBay: bcbroncos
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinchuck View Post
I found a receipt from the PO where he installed a BC tank...it says 25 gals. This was from around 2001 or so.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
When designing our tank I measured the frams of 7 EBs and made the tank to just clear the smallest of them and it was 25 gals. Of the first 10 I shipped two would not fit between the frames so I cut it down 1 gal. to 24. Then I had a guy call to complain that he could only get 23.5 gals in. Not sure why I can dump a little over 24.5 gals but changed the paper work to 23 gals. My tank uses unistrut which takes up near 1" on each side. When you make a tank for yourself don't use others measurements, measure your frame and make it as big as you can. You can use a L bracket instead of unistrut and make the tank wider. I can't custom make tanks so have to make a 1 size fits all but you are making 1.

BC Broncos, making Innovative ideas reality.
chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/13, 11:28 PM   #20
mofoco1
Bronco Guru

Broncos Rule! And by the way if you don't love America no ones keeping you here!

Clovis, CA

My Gallery
Garage
THX Chuck we got your tank for my bro in law a few years back with the UNI. Mines going to have L brackets. I am getting others dimensions to see how close I am with mine. I know that one dimension will not fit all EB's especially with how people center the body on the mounts and relation to frame etc etc. Want to see how far people have pushed it without having to build too many cardboard cutouts. I want to get this thing on the road and the less RR I have to do when it has already been done, the better. Can I use one of your sending units/floats for mine or can it be modified to work with a different tank(bigger)?
Old 05/19/13, 11:48 PM   #21
mofoco1
Bronco Guru

Clovis, CA

My Gallery
Garage
Broncnaz THX I took some measurements tonight am comparing to yours as I type, going to start tomorrow on the mock ups. I am ridding myself of the saddle because I dont like anything having too low( strictly the look not the function so much, I actually only want those SS turndowns to barely show.

Last edited by mofoco1; 05/20/13 at 12:07 AM..
Old 05/20/13, 12:01 AM   #22
mofoco1
Bronco Guru

Clovis, CA

My Gallery
Garage
Anyone have a clue as to the pick up tube ? My ? is if I do an actual tube, it should come in then turn 90* down right, what about if I did that , but then extended and bent the bottom another 90* and extended to the back angle of the tank, then drilled holes along the bottom so it could pick up fuel at extreme angles and low on fuel like this ____
l
l
l
l
l
-----------------------Holes on this side.
I am thinking doing this and then welding a bung outside for an AN- fitting and SS braided line. Asked before what about a need for return lines? Are they necessary? Can a vent be done in a different way or to a relocated canister in back? Sorry the program will not post the above rendering like I want think a square 2. Can I assume the mounting pads are to space the top from seat bolts or the like?

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat