• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another stuck door thread

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Tried searching, but didnt find this one.

My passenger door will no longer open. The lock button was stuck in the down position so I opened it up and disconnected that rod and the external lock rod. The little lever seems to go up and down on the latch mechanism but no luck.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
The doors on these things are made to have the rain run right through them. A bit of lubrication in the right places has fixed that issue on mine a number of times.

OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Yeah, I'll try that when Im back home. Hopefully an easy fix

Mikey

Bronco Guru
I have fiddled with these latches for too many years. It's expensive but I bought two brand new ones. I've found that the worn out ones have a plate that wears and allows the lever to get stuck in a slot and jam rather than actuate properly....no, I can't explain it any better....I finally just got one (driver's side) new one from Tom's and tried it for a few months. Worked like a new car so I bought the other one. Hope to install it this weekend. Tom's includes new OEM style rod bushings, too!