Bronco Hut  

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ

600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
Rust Bullet
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Bronco Auctions

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 10/07/13, 09:32 AM   #1
dereksavy
Sponsor/Vendor

BC Broncos Ingram, T
Cars at car shows

Hey guys and girls,

I have a question. Who out there is tired of all the Mustangs, Tri-5 Chevys, Novas etc at every car show? We entered a few of them with Broncos and have done well, but we are amazed at how the organizers are creating so many different classes. Over 10 classes just for Mustang, and another 10 for Nova/Chevelle.

I can't wait till it's the Crown Vic/ Caprice that are on show. At least it will be something different.

Enough of my daily rant. Guess I'm just wanting to see something different at car shows.

Derek Savy
www.bcbroncos.com
830-367-1300
dereksavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/13, 09:42 AM   #2
Timmy390
Bronco Guru

Conway, AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksavy View Post
Hey guys and girls,

I have a question. Who out there is tired of all the Mustangs, Tri-5 Chevys, Novas etc at every car show? We entered a few of them with Broncos and have done well, but we are amazed at how the organizers are creating so many different classes. Over 10 classes just for Mustang, and another 10 for Nova/Chevelle.

I can't wait till it's the Crown Vic/ Caprice that are on show. At least it will be something different.

Enough of my daily rant. Guess I'm just wanting to see something different at car shows.
Those different classes have the masses. Having the good fortune of owning both a Bronco and a Mustang, I can say my Mustang gets far more attention than the Bronco from all age groups.

Tim

74 Half Cab 302 3 speed, 2 1/2 lift, 32's, 4.09/4.11's
P/S (Delphi box), All Ford disc conversion
Coming Soon, Bench seat, 351W, NV3550 and grafted rear quarters
Timmy390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/13, 09:48 AM   #3
dereksavy
Sponsor/Vendor

BC Broncos Ingram, T
My point exactly. Hopefully my kids, and their kids will be able to break the mold and find other vehicles appealing.

Derek Savy
www.bcbroncos.com
830-367-1300
Old 10/07/13, 09:53 AM   #4
Major Tom

South Dakota
I had my 66 roadster in a car show parked next to a 57 chevy. My bronco got a lot more attention than the Chevy. The Chevy guy could not understand why everyone was looking at my Bronco. 1200 cars and the only Bronco
Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/13, 10:08 AM   #5
TM Toys

Barboursville , VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
I had my 66 roadster in a car show parked next to a 57 chevy. My bronco got a lot more attention than the Chevy. The Chevy guy could not understand why everyone was looking at my Bronco. 1200 cars and the only Bronco
ditto this past weekend , different car/truck parked next to me thou , but the Bronco had more ppl taking pic's of it , to the point the owner of the 53 Ford P/U said to me , dude folks really like your Bronco ..
I was 1 out of the 200 + hot-rods there ,, yes alot smaller show , but same interest in the EB ..

68 Show Pony , 73 parts rigs ..
72 Krawler
99 PSD work truck, tow rig !!
TM Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/13, 10:21 AM   #6
WheelHorse
Contributor
Bronco Guru

There's Classic Bronco's, and the imitations that follow!

Chi-Town
I wouldn't say tired of seeing them... Remember that our Broncos were the Nissan Xterra of the day. Sorry, Ford Explore went unibody and no one I've seen is cutting and lifting them.

Broncos caught fire once they started rolling across auction blocks and TV shows well after Stacey David's build started building them.

You wouldn't believe how many people ask if this is a Bronco II and when I inform them the year they reply with ignorance like "Oh, I thought only Jeep was around back then."

Then, I see other people, young and old alike, paying huge respect towards my rig.

Kate - '77 Ranger, AT, PS, PDB, AC
She'll do the ton
WheelHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/13, 10:59 AM   #7
blubuckaroo
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Ridgefield WA

My Gallery
When I attend Fabulous Fords in Anaheim, It's hard to appreciate the Mustangs because of the huge number of entries. I really think most people will gravitate to the unusual and unique rather than the sea of common cars. I guess that's why I can't get interested in Harley Davidson bikes. There are so many, they've just lost that "cool factor".
BTW, I saw a really clean Mustang II the other day. Pretty cool! Not that I really liked that model but that it had escaped the crusher.

'77. 2" suspension lift, 1" body lift, 32" tires. 302, Windsor Jr heads, 4bbl, headers. NV3550, 4.11s, Yukon posi.
Vintage Air, Pioneer tunes, Toms seats.
All the comforts!
blubuckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/13, 11:00 AM   #8
sriha
Contributor

Elko, MN
Garage
Corvettes are really popular around here. One show I went to a few times was put on by the Vet club so I can understand that there were many at that event. Cruise night though, there had to be over 30 Vets. Hardly anyone does anything to make them stand out.
sriha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/13, 11:14 AM   #9
Sporto
Contributor

Money may not buy you love, but it will get you new floors!

Lansdale, PA

My Gallery
Garage
Took the family Packard to an all class show this weekend. Out of 200 or so cars, most were newer Mustangs, Vettes and Camaros. Lots of hot rods and other old muscle car varieties. It can be frustrating sometimes, because a lot of shows really cater to that crowd b/c of the numbers, and the fewer older class cars (mine is pre 1940) get relegated to a back part of the show grounds off the beaten path. This show however had everyone mixed up, and I got a lot of people checking the car out that I would not have gotten at any other show. It was interesting to see and hear what people were saying about it, since most of the time the enthusiasts are the only one's that find you at the other shows, and they know what they're looking at. Still an enjoyable experience and I am hoping to take my Bronco to a show some time soon.

If at first you don't succeed...Then you're not Chuck Norris...
Sporto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/13, 11:17 AM   #10
stock1970
Bronco Guru

Olathe, Kansas

My Gallery
they have so many classes to keep people coming back every year.. figure each person plays 20 or more to enter and they walk away with a $5 trophy.. then they come back every year.. .. I dont mind if it keeps the shows going.. the more the better and if i am the only bronco then that is even better.. in my eyes..

1970, 302, 3 on tree, drum brakes, no power anything, original engine trans ect., 62k miles and 1976, 351w, c4, 3.5 sl, 2inch bl, pwr st and brakes, 35 mtz's, twin sticks, arb front and rear, 4.88s, 31 spline yukon,
stock1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/13, 11:37 AM   #11
Major Tom

South Dakota
The show I was in , is an annual event called Automania. there is about 20 or more blocks in downtown closed off. everyone is welcome, no entry fee , no classes, no judging or trophy's. there is a lot of food vendors and live bands from the 60's.
Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/13, 11:46 AM   #12
dereksavy
Sponsor/Vendor

BC Broncos Ingram, T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
The show I was in , is an annual event called Automania. there is about 20 or more blocks in downtown closed off. everyone is welcome, no entry fee , no classes, no judging or trophy's. there is a lot of food vendors and live bands from the 60's.
That is my style of car show. Where you might get the chance to see something totally out of the ordinary.

Derek Savy
www.bcbroncos.com
830-367-1300
Old 10/07/13, 11:51 AM   #13
Airmapper
Contributor
Foolproofness Tester

Big Blue Bronco

Bowling Green, KY
eBay: escape4x4

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sriha View Post
Corvettes are really popular around here.
Take note of my location. I'm pretty much sick of the things. The local Wendy's has "Corvette only" parking. If I catch it open, I'll park there just to piss them off. I've seen so many of them they just don't register hardly.

I like older trucks and 4x4's. For the most part, cars are cool but I'm not nearly as interested in them. Last cars that caught my attention were GT40 in a parking lot, and a Shelby Cobra at a show.

-Travis
Early 1966 U14, All Stock, Uncut, 170cid I6 '66 Photo Album
1970 U15, NP435, D20, 302cid V8, 33" KM2's '70 Photo Album
Airmapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/13, 11:58 AM   #14
dereksavy
Sponsor/Vendor

BC Broncos Ingram, T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmapper View Post
Take note of my location. I'm pretty much sick of the things. The local Wendy's has "Corvette only" parking. If I catch it open, I'll park there just to piss them off. I've seen so many of them they just don't register hardly.

I like older trucks and 4x4's. For the most part, cars are cool but I'm not nearly as interested in them. Last cars that caught my attention were GT40 in a parking lot, and a Shelby Cobra at a show.
Now the GT40 would catch my eye. The Shelby, not to much. Now add an SL300 gull-wing and maybe an Aston Martin or 3. Now your talking.

Derek Savy
www.bcbroncos.com
830-367-1300
Old 10/07/13, 12:14 PM   #15
Timmy390
Bronco Guru

Conway, AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by blubuckaroo View Post
It's hard to appreciate the Mustangs because of the huge number of entries. I really think most people will gravitate to the unusual and unique rather than the sea of common cars
Tell me about it. So many, I will not even park near all the other Mustangs. Like 20 Mustang coupes at the last show. I don't even give them a glance. I feel my 69 Mach 1 390 car in GulfStream Aqua deserves better....LOL

I search out the unusual, unique and rare.

Tim

74 Half Cab 302 3 speed, 2 1/2 lift, 32's, 4.09/4.11's
P/S (Delphi box), All Ford disc conversion
Coming Soon, Bench seat, 351W, NV3550 and grafted rear quarters
Timmy390 is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat