Bronco Hut  

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ

600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Bronco Auctions
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Tech

Old 01/12/14, 12:43 PM   #16
pcf_mark
Bronco Guru

I need to fix this some more until it is broke!

Perkasie, PA
Garage
I'm a huge fan of MegaSquirt with the Ford and GM sensors. You can get the parts anywhere, you put it together to so you know it well and you can tune it yourself. There is also a world wide forum of people using it so you can tips and trick and even download tunes. I plan to add a blower and see how far I can take the stock 289 engine using MS as the ECU.

My wife and my Bronco are not friends...
3G, PS, Hydroboost, front discs, C4, Explorer EDIS, HO Mustang EFI intake, MegaSquirt controlling it all tuned by ME, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" duals, Extreme Fab Family cage, House of Kolor paint stock body and suspension.
pcf_mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/14, 03:37 PM   #17
ryan287
Contributor

Newport Beach, CA

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc69 View Post
Out of idle curiosity more than anything else....do you have any links to what supports that conclusion? I've yet to see much of anything that shows any significant measured (dyno) power difference between carbs, TBI or MPI..

I've been building/using all three for almost 4 decades now; the highest HP motors I've built were carbureted...but unfortunately those do poorly on trail rigs compared to any EFI option.
Multi port fuel injection can be set up sequentially, meaning the only ECU has the injector squirt fuel in very close to the head intake runner on the downstroke before compression on an individual cylinder basis, not as a batch at the throttle body like TBA. This saves fuel.

Most of the performance information has been gathered through calling up the EFI engineers at Holley and Edelbrock. The Motec headquarters is by my house, so I stopped in to talk to them even though their stuff is like $6-10k serious racing stuff. The guy couldn't have been nicer... spent like an hour talking to me. Everybody said the same thing; the injectors are closer to the cylinder, so the atomization and density of the fuel is better than TBI. You can even go farther and individually tune each injector for each runner flow characteristic using exhaust gas temp (egt) and individual wide band O2 sensors on each header exhaust port.

I'm in the midst of going to a Holley HP efi from my old Edelbrock Proflo, so I've been obsessively researching.

420w stroker, Holley HP seq EFI & DIS MSD crank wheel, AFR 185 heads, JBA headers, WH 3.5" Coils, Deaver 13pk Leafs, Bilstein 5100's, NV4500, Detroit 9" w/31 spline, ARB D44, 4.88's, 35" BFG Muds, Hydroboost, WH Dana 20 High Output Shaft
ryan287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/14, 10:02 PM   #18
Rolltide

so you made someone mad? Good, it means you stood up for something in your life

Enterprise, AL
Great tips guys, thanks. I think I like the lightning setup. I've heard from several folks that the mustang electronics were a good option. I'll report back in a month or so with the results.

Now if I can just with the stuff I need off eBay I'll be in business.
Rolltide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/14, 11:16 PM   #19
mavereq
Bronco Guru

I'm running the FAST EZ EFI and have been really happy with it so far. I had a truck avenger on my 408 and it dynoed really well but now it cranks up first turn without touching the pedal.
mavereq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/14, 09:06 AM   #20
kntr
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Tuff Truck Racer

Montana

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavereq View Post
I'm running the FAST EZ EFI and have been really happy with it so far. I had a truck avenger on my 408 and it dynoed really well but now it cranks up first turn without touching the pedal.
How long have you have the FAST EZ EFI on your bronco?
Is it a set and forget or are you messing with it a lot?

69 Tuff Truck
3.5" lift, extended arms/King Bypass, 8pt cage (tested 6 times), twin stick, 302/370+hp, spooled, 4 link rear/King coilovers, Boggers/Buckshots, battery/radiator in rear, 31 spline rear, Yukon axles/joints, BC Heim steering, King Bumps.
kntr is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Tech