Bronco Hut  

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ

600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Bronco Auctions
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives

Old 09/20/02, 12:11 AM   #1
admin
Administrator

Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...

Phoenix, AZ

My Gallery
Garage
Does anyone ever use the search box in the upper right?

Just curious if anyone ever uses that search box up there in the upper right? You know, the one that searches through the &quot;Over 500 Links&quot; section?<br><br>Seems like every day there's a question about how to find a link or some specific Bronco web page and most of them could be answered in 2 seconds using that search box.<br><br>Maybe no one knows it's there? Maybe no one knows what it does? Maybe I'm just being a jerk to even bring it up?

Jon Hanna
webmaster@classicbroncos.com
http://ClassicBroncos.com
'72 Bronco, stock 302 2V, NP435 4 speed, Chevy discs, PS, 3 1/2" susp lift + 2" body lift, 33"x12.50-15 BFG KM2's, 4.11 gears (D44 and Ford 9")
Old 09/20/02, 12:21 AM   #2
bpassmore

Llama Master

Houston, TX
Re:Does anyone ever use the search box in the upper right?

Saw it hangin around up there..... just thought it wasnt useful (never used it) - dumb asumption it seems.<br><br>Ill give it a try

Old 09/20/02, 12:25 AM   #3
bpassmore

Llama Master

Houston, TX

[quote author=bpassmore link=board=5;threadid=9313;start=0#66685 date=1032502917]<br>Saw it hangin around up there..... just thought it wasnt useful (never used it) - dumb asumption it seems.<br><br>Ill give it a try<br>[/quote]<br><br>Just tried it - that rocks. Search for EFI - great results. Thanks Jon

Old 09/20/02, 12:58 AM   #4
canadabronco

Broncos Rule!

Whistler, British Columbia, Canada

I use it all the time. I hate to ask the same questions as others have asked. It's always worth a try. Keep it please.
Old 09/20/02, 03:07 AM   #5
Jeepster
Bronco Guru

syracuse

I do some of my best work there. <br><br>Maybe you got to make it [glow=red, 2, 300]bright red[/glow] and have it flash or something.
Old 09/20/02, 03:48 AM   #6
Jeepster
Bronco Guru

syracuse

I was just thinking.........How 'bout a &quot;FYI&quot; or top 10 or so. like http://classicbroncos.com/forums/ind...;threadid=9311 or how to time a unknown engine, or things to do to keep from smelling like exhaust after driving the rig
Old 09/20/02, 04:58 AM   #7
ken75ranger
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Troy, NY
eBay: ken_75

My Gallery

For some unknown reason I open the 500 links section,then put in my question.

'75 Ranger- with assorted parts
Old 09/20/02, 05:13 AM   #8
flint_knapper
BRONCO GOD

Broncos Rule!

Harvest, AL

what search box????

"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." --George Washington, The Federalist No. 53
Old 09/20/02, 05:23 AM   #9
rulebreaker
Bronco Guru

Broncos Rock! Jeeps roll.Bronco's Rule!Jeeps drool

Manton MI

I must be an idiot cuz I can never get it to work!

75 bronco 351W EFI/NP435 /dana20 twin stick/Ford 9&quot; with 456.1 and a spool/Dana 44 quick lock &amp; half ton axle shafts/4 wheel power disc's/35&quot; MTR's
Old 09/20/02, 06:24 AM   #10
astark
Contributor
Bronco God

Batesville Arkansas

My Gallery

I use it often and find it very usefull. It was kind of confusing at first though and some tip use might be in order.<br><br>Such as:<br>Set the minumim and maximum age you want to search.<br>Set where you want to search.<br>Set number of posts you want displayed.<br>Try varrious key words that relate to your search and do multiple searches using the differant key words to find what your looking for.<br><br>Anyway, I got to go to work. But if anyone has some more or better tips, pass them on here. Then someone new, or someone old like me who forgets, can just do a search on tips or search or search tips. <br><br>

"Deep faith eliminates fear... on the trail" Michael Alan Stark April 14, 1990 - October 28, 2007 My Son, Best Friend and Wheeling Buddy.
Old 09/20/02, 07:21 AM   #11
brian72
Early Bronco Student

It is all back together and running good...Now time to upgrade stuff

Melbourne, Fl

I have used it with moderate success. Sometimes it finds what I want and other times :P. One change might be to add a radio button - search all postings. I never remember how long ago a post was. So the search back 30 days might not find it, I keep having to run the search increasing the days back to look.<br><br>thanks

Time and Money - That's All It Takes...Seems I am short of both !
BcBroncos 3.5" / 1" body lift, 35x12.5 BFG, 3spd,302 (for now) with Holley T/A 470.
Old 09/20/02, 07:25 AM   #12
BOSS3024ME

Under control ?? You're not going fast enough !!

Washington State Vancouver and Oysterville

Nope

1967 Bronco
The infamous Rhino liners Bronco
Old 09/20/02, 08:22 AM   #13
admin
Administrator

Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...

Phoenix, AZ

My Gallery
Garage

Well I'm glad a few people use it. :P<br><br>But I think some of you are talking about the forums search feature, which is different than the search box in the upper right.<br><br>The search box in the upper right will search through the &quot;Over 500 Links&quot; section and is useful when looking for web pages or tech articles on certain Bronco topics (like &quot;disc brakes&quot;, &quot;EFI&quot;, &quot;transmissions&quot;, etc.)<br><br>The forums search feature is the text link that shows up when you're in the forums. (It's just below the other search box. Up there with &quot;Home | Help | Search | Chat, etc.&quot That search will look through past posts in the forums.<br><br>Admittedly the forum search is a little buggy. It works best if you can limit it to a single word or an exact phrase in order. Like it will find &quot;disc brakes&quot; but not &quot;brakes disc&quot;. That search is a built in part of the forum software and hopefully in a future upgrade they will fix it. I'm not even going to try to mess around with all that code. I'd probably wipe out the whole forum!

Jon Hanna
webmaster@classicbroncos.com
http://ClassicBroncos.com
'72 Bronco, stock 302 2V, NP435 4 speed, Chevy discs, PS, 3 1/2" susp lift + 2" body lift, 33"x12.50-15 BFG KM2's, 4.11 gears (D44 and Ford 9")
Old 09/20/02, 08:44 AM   #14
Tazz
Contributor

Sac. River Delta, CA

I use it quite often.<br><br>

Old 09/20/02, 10:08 AM   #15
TOMKLU

My name is Tom and I'm a BRONCO-HOLIC

San Diego, Californi

I like the forum search. As for the links search it's easier to click on the links on the left, and then I get distracted looking at other links I'm interested in.

&quot;Trust not man, woman, nor beast. Steel you can trust.&quot; Conan's father. Must own a BRONCO!

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives