• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL 225 Mile Bronco at Mecum?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Pretty sharp looking bronco. 5 miles per year driven average though?

OP
OP
G

GSP9

Loc.
State College
Pretty sharp looking bronco. 5 miles per year driven average though?

Ya, that's what I was thinking but it was hard to tell on my screen. I've noticed at some of these auctions that when you truly have a low mileage car, there is a story that goes with the car (in the description) as to how it has such low miles. I've physically seen some of these "believed to be xxx mile" cars with no story and you can tell it's not true. Not saying that this one is incorrect but thought that maybe someone on here knows something about it.

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
Seems odd that it has brown houndstooth seats. Also it has no grille letters and the grille is painted white, my original 74 grille is painted gray.

Last edited:

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
There are some odd things there for sure. Under the hood it looks like it's got some miles on it. Why is the bypass hose on the water pump painted blue? There is no chrome around the door windows, or any of the lights, but it has trim around the top glass.

I don't see any real obvious signs of a repaint but the tailgate letters look smooth and glossy. Mine are dimpled and satin. The seats and floor mats are obviously not correct.

It's nice but appears to have too many modifications to be a true 225 mile vehicle.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Doing a nose dive pretty good in the front to.

Last edited:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I wish they would've at least shown a picture of the instrument cluster...

Todd Z.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Maybe 225 after rebuild not an original truck at all. It is nice though I would like to have it at my budget;D

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In the under hood shot, it looks really clean and mostly correct. The other shots I can see a lot to question. It is a basic Bronco that someone installed brown ranger covers on. The grill is correct, the warn winch bumper has been modified and the center welded to the left and right bumper wings, right reflector missing on the rear, horn ring, instead of just the button.....It definitely needs a closer look to even come close to the 100k!

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
In the under hood shot, it looks really clean and mostly correct. The other shots I can see a lot to question. It is a basic Bronco that someone installed brown ranger covers on. The grill is correct, the warn winch bumper has been modified and the center welded to the left and right bumper wings, right reflector missing on the rear, horn ring, instead of just the button.....It definitely needs a closer look to even come close to the 100k!

The bumper is bellveiw not warn or not the warn your talking about.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The bumper is bellveiw not warn or not the warn your talking about.

OK. ...so the winch is a Warn in a Bellview bumper? The Winch looks all Warn.. So the Bellviews were welded instead of bolted?

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, this Bronco is very much in need of a look. Stance bothers me the most. If it's truly a low miler, there's a weird story that can't be too hard to trace back with all the mismatches.

Broncos are ssoooo hot right now every web designer and his brother are out there buying, selling, and building Broncos.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
OK. ...so the winch is a Warn in a Bellview bumper? The Winch looks all Warn.. So the Bellviews were welded instead of bolted?

It's a Warn 8074 (NOT 8274) winch.
The 8074 did not have the pull out for manual spooling. You have to power spool out and in only with it.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree with Ford Fan on the Ranger/Hounstooth seats added, but on a 225 mi Bronco you'd be crazy to change interior right?? And looks like the hardtop may have come from a Sport or Ranger with window trim.

Looks almost like a paint run on passengers door post just above hinge?.
Some pass side fender bolts painted green/some original unpainteded.
Weather strip on cowl vents looks worn as well as a screen on the drivers vent
Lotta surface rust on bolts, brackets, hardware
302 decal and caution decal are awfully faded for 225 mi
I figured it would have a spare tire on the rack?
Tire rack hanger and hardware look like they may have been painted/ touched up
Door limiting straps look 40+ years old
Original carburetor I.D. Tag seems to be missing from right front screw
Tire jack handle and lug wrench aren't situated correctly so they must have been used or moved already. But no spare tire so someone called for help:)

Attachments

• IMG_2367.jpg
    IMG_2367.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga

Yes they were welded and if you look on pass side it has 4 bolt holes and is only using 2 for the warn winch the Belleview/early warn had 4 bolts on pass side warn got the idea from Belleview and improved it mainly on the winch 8274 best winch ever IMO

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree with Ford Fan on the Ranger/Hounstooth seats added, but on a 225 mi Bronco you'd be crazy to change interior right?? And looks like the hardtop may have come from a Sport or Ranger with window trim.

Looks almost like a paint run on passengers door post just above hinge?.
Some pass side fender bolts painted green/some original unpainteded.
Weather strip on cowl vents looks worn as well as a screen on the drivers vent
Lotta surface rust on bolts, brackets, hardware
302 decal and caution decal are awfully faded for 225 mi
I figured it would have a spare tire on the rack?
Tire rack hanger and hardware look like they may have been painted/ touched up
Door limiting straps look 40+ years old
Original carburetor I.D. Tag seems to be missing from right front screw
Tire jack handle and lug wrench aren't situated correctly so they must have been used or moved already. But no spare tire so someone called for help:)

Don't you just love ripping a 100 grand Bronco all apart!!! Fun isn't it. The more you look at this rig, the more questions! It has a Sport or Ranger top to go with the seats and one of those aftermarket hatch handles!...The hatch was opened a lot in the 225 miles!... Rear bumper and hitch has also been sprayed. ...And Andy, the tag is on the carburetor ...just on the wrong screw! And...one other thing. That rusty tailpipe really gripes me on a 100k Bronco!....They need to put about a dozen of those twist in coil spring spacers in the front. That ole' 8074 and bellview bumper is heavy!!;D;D;D
Oops... sorry ... I was wrong on the hatch handle...it is correct.