• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tonko Build

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Ok i said I wouldn't do a build thread, but since the metal/body/paint chapter is being done by someone else, I need something Bronco-related to occupy my time for the next 3 months.

Since purchasing it in September, I drive my Bronco almost every day after work (if I'm not working on it) and my wife doesn't understand why...she now refers to it as my Tonka Truck, and admit it folks it does look like a Tonka toy and wayyy more fun than I ever remember having pushing my toys around in the dirt! Hence the name, Tonko.

I reluctantly said goodbye and turned Tonko over to my guy this past Sunday; it was almost as tough as saying goodbye to my then 4-month old daughter and 2 year old son when I was deployed almost immediately after 11 Sep 2001.

I took a few pics Sunday morning:

1) Doors that came with it and year correct tailgate I got from Kyle
2) Tag still on doors purchased by PO years ago
3) All packed up with parts included in purchase: doors, uncut dash, dashpad, RH door post, and stuff I bought: outer rockers, front floor pans (bolted in) tailgate
4) Dash after I stripped it

Thanks for looking, will be updating pics as it progresses, tub will be removed and blasted within the next couple weeks

Attachments

• packstart.jpg
    packstart.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 276
  • doortag.jpg
    doortag.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 252
  • allpacked.jpg
    allpacked.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 279
  • dashstripped.jpg
    dashstripped.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 281

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice.. Good luck. They just don't understand the addiction sometimes do they lol

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Couple of update pics...

Attachments

• FrontClip.jpg
    FrontClip.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 187
  • LInnerFender.jpg
    LInnerFender.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 215
OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Cool thank you for your service. Cant wait to see it when its done!

My service was my choice and my pleasure, thanks should go to the real heroes, our ancestors that gave us that choice, but i sincerely appreciate your comment.

Ive also wanted to tell you on more than one occasion, your quote under your handle is the best one I've seen in my short time on this site!! Makes me laugh every time i see it. Also makes me wanna come up with a good one of my own lol

As far as 'cant wait', you're tellin me! Guy sent me that pic of the front clip today and I said "send as often as you'd like" then he sent me the second pic. I'll be bugging the crap out of him for sure

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
My service was my choice and my pleasure, thanks should go to the real heroes, our ancestors that gave us that choice, but i sincerely appreciate your comment.

Ive also wanted to tell you on more than one occasion, your quote under your handle is the best one I've seen in my short time on this site!! Makes me laugh every time i see it. Also makes me wanna come up with a good one of my own lol

As far as 'cant wait', you're tellin me! Guy sent me that pic of the front clip today and I said "send as often as you'd like" then he sent me the second pic. I'll be bugging the crap out of him for sure

I would be bugging the sh*t out of him. I would probably be at the shop everyday. Hehe

KBUCK1

Being it was your choice is all the more reason ti say Thank You. You could have chose not to serve biut you didn't. Cant wait to see more pics.

Thank you for your service

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Being it was your choice is all the more reason ti say Thank You. You could have chose not to serve biut you didn't. Cant wait to see more pics.

I appreciate that, best choice I ever made, more pics to come

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
It was recommended that I order new fenders since some PO welded on these, luckily didn't ruin the grill too!

Attachments

• frontclip2.jpg
    frontclip2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 129
OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Some updated pics...grill, hood, doors, dash and tailgate are getting blasted, gotta get new fenders

Attachments

• DFloor.jpg
    DFloor.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 128
  • RFrontFloor.jpg
    RFrontFloor.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 127
  • RFloor.jpg
    RFloor.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 131
  • RInnerFender.jpg
    RInnerFender.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 119
  • LInnerFender.jpg
    LInnerFender.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 122

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.

You are absolutely right! Thank you for choosing to serve! Hopefully your Bronco comes back sooner than promised.

Mark

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Never loaded a video clip on here so...

FINALLY went to remove the tub and found this crap... 4th of July? Ha!!! Maybe Labor Day :cry:

Well the video didn't work. I'll just say the the passenger inner fender is attached to the cowl with some sheet metal so thin it flexes when you lift on front

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Making progress!! I'm gonna see if I can't drag the chassis home for a week or so to clean it up

Attachments

• IMG_2965.jpg
    IMG_2965.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 126
OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
More pics from yesterday, just about ready for blasting

Attachments

• IMG_2975.jpg
    IMG_2975.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2976.jpg
    IMG_2976.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2974.jpg
    IMG_2974.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2973.jpg
    IMG_2973.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2972.jpg
    IMG_2972.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2971.jpg
    IMG_2971.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2969.jpg
    IMG_2969.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2968.jpg
    IMG_2968.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Got her home, got the boy on pressure washer duty, don't think it's as fun as he envisioned, already blew a big rat nest out of the frame channel

Attachments

• IMG_2987.jpg
    IMG_2987.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2986.jpg
    IMG_2986.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 101