Bronco Hut  

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ

600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Bronco Auctions
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives

Old 06/23/04, 02:08 PM   #1
70EB
Bronco Guru

Character is easier kept than recovered

Gig Harbor
Good 4x4 shop in Fayetteville, NC area

I have pretty much finished up the Bronco but want to get it checked out properly and tuned a little better than I currently have it. Just a good double check before it gets on the road. Anyone from the Fayetteville, NC area know of a reputable shop to take it too that knows what it is doing and can handle our rare beasts? Need to get it aligned also but don't want to have to explain all the apftermarket, non-stock steering equipment on it like the PU steering setup and a 70 with a 77 front end, lifted etc.

Thanks
Bill
Old 06/23/04, 02:32 PM   #2
Pirate EB

Cary, NC
There is a place in Raleigh called We Do Trucks, a place in Cary called Cricket 4wd, a place in Wilson called Down East Offroad, and one in Havelock as well as the Jacksonville/Camp Lejune area(Don't know the names, but they're there). There is also one in Boone called High Country 4x4. Those are all I know in NC. I have no experience with any of them, but I talked to a guy at Down East once while I was passing through. They seem nice and know what they are doing. Hope this helps.
Old 06/23/04, 08:22 PM   #3
73explorer

Fayetteville, NC

My Gallery
there is an EB club in Fayetteville, headed up by Brian Horne who is on this forum somewhere. that group would know someone who could help you out, or at least point you to some good shops. there use to be a good 4x4 shop on bragg blvd years ago, its a body shop now.
a place downtown called Wheeler Alignment has been there since the 50's they are 100% old school, dont even have a computer, do it all by grids and blackmajic.
he always has a bunch of classic cars there. not a 4x4 shop, but if the old man is still alive, he knows his stuff.
Old 06/24/04, 01:02 PM   #4
70EB
Bronco Guru

Character is easier kept than recovered

Gig Harbor
Thanks for the info. I'll check out wheeler alignment and see what they can do. I remember when I was stationed here a year ago that Zac Jackson put togther a Bronco club in the fayetteville area. Do you know what the meeting schedule is? I would be interested in attending the next one.

Bill

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives