• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Seats Whats best

boss302

Loc.
Dublin TX
Hello, any help on seats (front) for our 77, its being painted Grabber Orange and I dont have the orginal seats. Wanting saftey and comfort as well. Thinking about Tom's Bronco seats that are in his cover Bronco...what do ya'll think?
Any help would be great
Thanks
Skip...TX

OldieTwoShoes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
it all depends on how much you want to spend, and the toms seats im guessing is the one with the bronco script? if it is then im guessing you have a good amount set aside. just look at most racing seats they have good safety features and are very comfortable. you can go to www.truckperformance.com and put in your vehicle and then look at the seats, or go for the toms etc etc...just up to you ;D

Broncitis

MEB Founder
boss302 said:
Hello, any help on seats (front) for our 77, its being painted Grabber Orange and I dont have the orginal seats. Wanting saftey and comfort as well. Thinking about Tom's Bronco seats that are in his cover Bronco...what do ya'll think?
Any help would be great
Thanks
Skip...TX

The Tom's seats seem very comfortable. I won a set of these in black at the recent East Coast Bronco Roundup! ;D I have not mounted these yet since the rig I will likley use these in is a couple projects down the list :(

A friend has Beard's in his rig, and he thought these were just as comfortable.

I also have a set of Fiero GT seats that I had planned t get recoverd for the same project which will likley use the Tom's in now. The Fiero sets are cool since they are low profile they allow headroom for tall dirvers, and no loss of headroom when mounted on a seat mount that's part of the roll cage. They also have two speakers that are buit into the headrests which may be kinda cool, but I have not tried them yet.

Muddy1966Bronco

Loc.
Central PA
I walked through my favorite junkyard and looked for seats that were still indecent shape, then sat in the ones I liked and narrowed it down to a nice reclining set in a dodge omni...I think that was the car. I was happy to see that they bolt onto the floor in a very simlar way and I might be able to get the sliders to work. I haven't mounted them yet, the project isn't that far along. Maybe in a couple weeks, but they look & feel good and you can make almost anything fit. :)

jeff68

Loc.
Hattiesburg, MS.
I like mine from Wildhorses, comfortable and a good fit.
I do have to lift myself over the side to get in and out of them but other than that they are really nice.
I had a junkyard set from a ricer, but I had to bend down to see the red lights.
I can see out of the middle of the windshield with these.
1090367764_new_seats.jpg

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I got mine out of a late-90's XJ-8. They are really comfortable and have good side support. I just have to figure out a tumbling mechanism for the passenger seat, but whatever the top is off who cares.

6286IM001924-med.JPG

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've got the Bestop TrailMax Sport seats. I mounted them on some sliding seat brackets from Summitt so now I can recline them and slide front to back. They are very comfortable, water proof, and not too expensive.

4x4x289

I recently installed Beard Super Comp up front and Beard 39" Super Bench-BH in back, with tracks. Great Seats. No complaints other than the wait for them, several weeks.

Attachments

• seat02.jpg
    seat02.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 324

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
The Corbea Baja SS bolt right in and are super comfortable. Modified the brackets so the driver side would move back farther for my 6' 4'' and growing height but thats all.

Sabas

I have PRP Seats. IMO same quaility as Beard but cheaper. Alot of sand buggies use their seats. $180 a seat. You custom order your seats check out the website www.prpseats.com

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
DownhillManiac99 said:
The Corbea Baja SS bolt right in and are super comfortable. Modified the brackets so the driver side would move back farther for my 6' 4'' and growing height but thats all.

The Corbeau's are awesome. For around $150 per, you can't beat em. (They also offer larger sizes for those that need it.)

71 BRNCO

Another option that I just found was bluetorchfabworks seats. I have not seen these in person or have any idea about mounting them yet but they look nice adn have great prices. Between $80 and $260 for a pretty trick seat. i am also soon to be a dealer for them and can anyone here discounts on all there products.

Labbster

I second the probe seats. I bought four.......two for me and two for my father in law. All together $100 and they look like new!