Bronco Hut  

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ

600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Bronco Auctions
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives

Old 09/17/04, 11:57 PM   #1
Choppersean

Arvada
Stock Paint Colors and Recommended Brand?

I am going to do my rear quarter pannel rusty seams soon and need to find my stock paint color. It is the original color from '71.........something like a sea-foam green. Can anyone tell me where I can find the stock color? Any recommended brand? I have used a single-stage PPG paint for my motorcycle, but it was pretty darn pricey!

I anticipate being able to do it with a rattle can, but I also have a sprayer if that makes a difference on the recommendation.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Sean
Old 09/18/04, 12:03 AM   #2
YelloTx73
Bronco Guru

Katy/Galveston, TX

My Gallery
Look here. www.autocolorlibrary.com
Old 09/18/04, 01:30 AM   #3
sstlaure
Contributor
Bronco Slacker

Accepting donations for my Bronco project

Milford, MI

My Gallery
Here's the link right back to 1971....

http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/...truck-pg01.jpg

74 EB Sandrunner, DOHC 32V 4.6L SC Cobra Engine, C4, King bypasses/coilovers, Glass body WCB fenders/bodysides, 3-seater, 4.0" susp lift (custom), Built not bought. Check out my build thread: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...=47631&page=23
Old 09/18/04, 10:41 AM   #4
Choppersean

Arvada
Thanks!

Awesome, guys!!! Thanks for the links! Turns out I was right........'71 Seafoam Green.......and even PPG. I have a PPG supplier close and have used it before. Hopefully I can do this easy!

Sean
Old 09/20/04, 04:35 PM   #5
markatherton
Sponsor/Vendor

Beach City Broncos

San Diego
paint

Did you find out what type of paint your 71 needs? laquer, enamel, acrylic laquer, acrylic enamel, 2 stage? I'm getting ready to match paint on my 71
Old 09/20/04, 04:48 PM   #6
Steve
Bronco Guru

GOT MOAB?

Grand Junction, CO

My Gallery
Most good auto paint suppliers can now put custom mixed colors into spray cans, which is a great option for small jobs. Not cheap, but there is no cheap auto paint with any quality.

69 narrowed 8 inches, locked F&R, big tires, EFI, Atlas, winch, blah, blah, blah
Old 09/20/04, 05:24 PM   #7
House
Contributor

Minutia Militia

My Gallery
www.paintscratch.com is a pretty good source for color match in a can.

______
|_____|
(o===o)
||---o-||
Old 09/20/04, 11:32 PM   #8
Choppersean

Arvada
Yep, sure did!

markatherton, yep, I sure did. I followed the www.colorlibrary.com link. For the '71 colors see this link.....

http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-...arch/search.pl

Click on the paint chip pallet to see a bigger image. I saw that PPG is the OEM supplier of paint (see top of pain chip sheet). I have used PPG for my motorcycle project over the last year. I called my local PPG supplier and gave them the Seafoam color code.....#2290.

For my motorcycle I used a PPG single-stage paint called their "Concept" line. I asked my supplyer and they said that the '71 Bronco Seafoam color was NOT available in the Concept line but IS AVAILABLE in their cheaper "Omni" line. The Omni line is also a single-stage paint. The single stage paint does not require a clearcoat at all. These are acrylic enamel based paints that are very durable. All you do is primer and paint.

For my rusty quarter panel seam project it will take less than a pint, but a pint is the smallest quantity they sell. For the primer (pt), hardener (8 oz), reducer(pt), and color (pt) they quoted me about $50.

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives