Bronco Hut  

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ

600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Bronco Auctions
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives

Old 10/14/04, 08:59 PM   #1
JWMcCrary
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Brandon, MS

My Gallery
Garage
Wheel width for 33x12.50-15 ??

What size wheel is best for 33x12.50-15's ?
If I later go up to 35's can you still use the same wheel?

Thanks in advance..
Old 10/14/04, 09:04 PM   #2
cbfomoco

Support your local junk yards!!

WV
eBay: cbfomoco

My Gallery
i have heard 10 wide at least but others should chime in

302, 4bbl, Hurst Shifter,Dana 44, ps, pb, 4:11.Tilt Column, paint,Delay wipers, sway bar,and front disc on the way.54 F-100, 292, 4speed, 93,94 F150, It is offical.. I am past help!!
Old 10/14/04, 09:05 PM   #3
Mr Joe
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Why Not??

Mechanicsville, Md

My Gallery
15x10 for mostly street running
15x8 for wheeling

yes, you can keep the rims for 35x12.50x15

Joe

Are We there yet??
Old 10/14/04, 09:41 PM   #4
Hogback

the tires will fit either 8 or 10 wide. the tires will stick out further on the 8's, thus offering more rim protection from rocks, curbs, etc. plus they are less likely to spin in the rim while running lower air pressure.
Old 10/14/04, 09:57 PM   #5
cbfomoco

Support your local junk yards!!

WV
eBay: cbfomoco

My Gallery
i have heard if you run anything wider than a 10.50 on an 8 inch it will bulge and wear only down the middle?? Is that right??

302, 4bbl, Hurst Shifter,Dana 44, ps, pb, 4:11.Tilt Column, paint,Delay wipers, sway bar,and front disc on the way.54 F-100, 292, 4speed, 93,94 F150, It is offical.. I am past help!!
Old 10/15/04, 01:21 AM   #6
DirtDonk
Contributor
Bronco Guru

San Jose, CA
Normally, no. Not if you adjust your air pressure accordingly. BUT, there are always exceptions of course. Other memebers here I believe have said that they experienced wierd wear and handling characteristics, but I never have. And most of the tire manufacturers list 8" through 10" as optimum for their 12.5" wide tires so I'm sure it's not a common problem or they wouldn't list it as an appropriate combination.
There is really no discernible difference in tire height with the different rim widths, and it's hard to measure any difference in overall tire width either. The main difference is not that the tire actually bulges out on the narrower rim, but that the rim is narrower, causing the tire's bead to roll in slightly, making it visually "bulge" out, keeping the rim's edge farther in and better protected from rock damage.
I ran a set of 35x12.50 General Grabber M/T's on 15x8 wheels on an IFS full-size truck with 6" of lift and got 67,000 miles out of them and they handled great. I would've gotten more from a tread-wear perspective, but they finally started pulling and following too many road grooves so I got a new set even though they had quite a bit of tread left.
So as far as wear is concerned, "every truck is different!".

Paul
Old 10/15/04, 02:56 AM   #7
2badrotties
Just a Bronco guy !

BEWARE of DOGS !

Niskayuna N.Y.
I run 33X12.50's on 8 inch wheel and have no problems so far. These were on my other Bronco for about a year and a half untill I got this truck done. They do not wear funny at all. They don't really bulge out so they look ugly or anything. I have 30 psi in them and they seem strange with power steering ( maybe twitchy is the word I'm looking for ) but when I had no power steering they were nice. The ride seems softer too with 30 pounds. But as for wear, like I said they are wearing just fine and this is the second truck they have been on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg close up of tires.jpg (50.2 KB, 44 views)

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives