Bronco Hut  

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ

600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Bronco Auctions
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives

Old 01/30/06, 11:06 AM   #1
71BroncoBoy

GO NOLES!!!

Tallahassee, FL

My Gallery
Line-X on POR-15...does it work???

Im painting my floorboards with POR-15 and the Im getting the whole inner bed Line-X'd does the line-x stick better to bare metal or the por-15???

Win or lose I still booze...
Old 01/30/06, 11:23 AM   #2
Bronco Wild

Waylon F#$%ing Jennings...that's who.

Nubraska

My Gallery
You want the POR on prior to the bedliner. It will be fine

"...the only two things in life that make it worth livin'...are guitars uh tuned good and firm feelin' women..."
Old 01/30/06, 11:34 AM   #3
trailpsycho
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Indianapolis
It is probably not necessary to POR-15 first, unless you just want to. I would call your local line-x guy and ask him...if he doesnt know what POR-15 is, then go somewhere else b/c he hasnt been doing this long. The Line-x guy I am using said he would prefer bare metal to paint, he also said they could/would etch primer it, etc. The paint shop I have been talking to is going to etch primer it; they have worked with the Line-X shop on alot of projects, so they have a really good idea on what needs to be done to get it done right.
Old 01/30/06, 12:23 PM   #4
Bronco Wild

Nubraska

My Gallery
A friend of the family owns a local Line X shop. He was actually the first one that turned me onto POR because of the restorations he's completed. He POR'd his truck and Line X'd over it many years ago...he recommended it for our climate. If you are not concerned with rust, then prime it. It will stick regardless if it is prepped correctly. If you are concerned with rust, then you want the por down, period. The Line X will not stop rust regardless of what they try to sell you on. Trust me. If any rust starts, it's going to come right through the Line X, faster than the paint. A trailer manufacturer here set up a deal with a RhinoLine dealer and sprayed all the trailers, flats, enclosed, etc. in various places with Rhino on bare metal. All of the them are chipping like mad and rusting crazy, not from rock chips, the stuff is just falling off. Now there is crap loads of warranty claims and he his having them blasted, then POR'd and re-lined. From what I've observed out here (again, could be different in you climate), I def. not go bare metal. The POR is a small investment for a big return.

"...the only two things in life that make it worth livin'...are guitars uh tuned good and firm feelin' women..."
Old 01/30/06, 12:44 PM   #5
bigpappa
Bronco Guru

Gardendale Al
eBay: kfulford

My Gallery
I am not trying to be a smart A, but is there that big of a rust problem in Nebraska?

73 Bronco on 33x12.50 rubber In the process of a multi-year ground up rebuild adding all the goodies and $$$$$$.
Old 01/30/06, 01:14 PM   #6
Bronco Wild

Nubraska

My Gallery
That's a legitimate question. Yes, it's terrible here. We have alot of humidity year round, especially in the summer...coupled with quite a bit of snow (luckily not this year) which creates the need for salted roads (the primary catalyst)...add in the dirt roads, typical rains, etc. The salty roads have been the destruction of most midwest vehicles for many years. Hence, the reason I POR'd my entire Bronco.

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives