• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI computer

NORK2BG

I bought a A9L computer for a 5.0 manual conversion the bronco runns but once warm it will not start till it cools down. has lots of weird codes hoiw can you tell if I have a bad computer just got it running 1 week ago

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
First, list the codes so we can see them. Also, try to erase the continuous memory codes. They can sometimes stick around from a previous installation.

I run an A9M on 351W and it is sometimes a bit hard starting when it is hot. I have recently adjusted the idle screw on the throttle body so that the butterfly is more open when the pedal is at rest. That has helped the hard start a lot.

Does it act like it is having a hard time cranking when it is hot? That can indicate a base timing problem.