• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Contacting Ryan

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I will be trying one last time to contact Ryan next week to order an EFI harness. After that I will just give up and go to plan B. Anyone have any magic pointers for getting an answer on the phone? I need an emissions (EGR,Evap) compatible harness not the standard one. So I need to talk, not just tap web site buttons.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I will be trying one last time to contact Ryan next week to order an EFI harness. After that I will just give up and go to plan B. Anyone have any magic pointers for getting an answer on the phone? I need an emissions (EGR,Evap) compatible harness not the standard one. So I need to talk, not just tap web site buttons.

Mars,

I do not mean to Hi-jack your thread, but we have similar problems... I purchased a harness from him during the last mass-buy in Feb. I also requested the non-standard harness, meaning a harness with fully functioning smog for my California 77 Sport. Ryan told me it would take a little longer, because I was the "one in a hundred" purchasers who wanted functioning smog equipment. Well I placed the order on the 20th of Feb. spoke with Ryan, and purchased a headlight relay set-up too. I have left messages on his phone weekly with no reply... My credit card has been charged... Ryan's products are top-notch and have outstanding quality,:) I know he is a one-man-band but, Ryan would you call me back and let me know my order's status??:?

Doug

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Say something incredibly stupid about something he's posted on one of his posts at FSB, worked for me......
I didn't even mean to insult him, if you see this Ryan....
But I was surprised to see him over there, as I hadn't seen him around in a long time...Talk with him on the phone, he's a great guy. Look over there, I think he frequents that board more often...
I had great customer service with everything I have purchased from him...
Wish my headlights had gotten here as easily and quickly as his bitchin harness for them did!!
Great stuff!
Good luck
CHris

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
You would think that if his harness with the smog additions was that popular he would starting making them both, smog and non-smog! From he told me awhile back he is no longer making them and has farmed them out to another company to make them for him. You might have a better time of it, going through BC broncos as they sell his harness.

Ben

rednck21

i bought one of his harnesses for my 3G swap last summer. he is hard to get in touch with, but has excellent products:cool:

OP
OP
MarsChariot

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Thanks for the comments. There is no doubt that Ryan’s stuff is the top of the line. I have ordered (by web buttons) a 4G harness and battery cable as a test and it was the best there is, even if it took two months. But the best is meaningless if you can’t order it!

1 in 100 sounds about right for the emissions compliant harnesses. I had no idea when I started the conversion that the emissions devices were deleted from most of the harnesses out there. I can’t believe that many folks delete the emissions equipment on these engines when it does very little to hurt performance as designed now. The atmosphere is big, but it’s thin. When you look down from orbit and see the pall over 10 square miles from somebody burning trash in their back yard, it becomes crystal clear that the actions of one person do make a difference.

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
Contacting Ryan....sounds like a movie. I guess it could be one as often as this happens. lol;D

He'll eventually get to ya...eventually.;)

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Ryan,

I need you to reply back to me before Monday morning 0900 hrs or I will be cancelling my purchase.:cry:

Doug

FFMDX

Loc.
Roseville, CA
Ryan,

I need you to reply back to me before Monday morning 0900 hrs or I will be cancelling my purchase.:cry:

Doug

Man Doug!, I can't believe you haven't gotten your harness yet.:mad: :mad: :mad: Guess I was lucky when he called and shipped mine w/in a day of purchase....(sorry, don't want to rub it in too much). When I talked to him, he sounded overwhelmed just from the phone calls/msgs for the mass buy even though he set the "rules"! He even stated that he had the 10 harnesses sitting on a shelf, complete.........:mad:

Sean

OP
OP
MarsChariot

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The reason I started this thread was because I am wanting an efi harness that is emissions compliant. So, if anyone got one right away, or if there are harnesses sitting on the shelf, I suspect they are not emissions compliant based on what I have been able to determine during the past two weeks of searching and trying to get some response.
If I don't get in contact or hear from him soon, I will be ordering elsewhere. It will be painful, because the other options require some work to adapt to the Mustang 88-93 set up (with EGR etc), but this is not worth it. As nearly as I can tell, I will be building my own harness.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Mars,

The only other harness that is Emissions compliant is the FMS old one, M-12071-C302. It still can be found, along with some of the sensor/relay kits. The problem with that is the other portion of that harness, the engine harness, is no longer made and has not been made for 4 years.:cry: The C302 is from a 93 mustang and the wiring needs to be rerouted. It is also not as plug and play friendly as Ryans is. I did it on my other Bronco, it is allot of work, but it may be our only route.

Doug