1. Jack up vehicle and place sturdy jack stands under axle. If removing third member, Remove and secure driveshaft, Remove wheels and brake drums.
2. Remove 4 retainer nuts located on vacuum plate. (Big bearing socket size is ¾”)
3. Install brake drum backwards and install lug nuts a couple turns.
4. Use brake drum as a slide hammer until axle bearing clears housing.
5. Notice progress.
6. Remove axle and you’re done!
No related posts.
This entry was posted
on Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 at 10:05 pm and is filed under Axles.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.