• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Oil Pressure sender test

grant_71

Bronco Guru
My gauge says i am running at 5 psi, which i am pretty sure is not even possible, so i picked up a new sender and am not getting any reading from the gauge at all now. Any way to test the gauge or the sender? Or know what voltage/ohm reading i should get out of either one?

Thanks,
Grant

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I don't know of an ohm curve for the sender. But you can take it off and use anything that makes pressure to test it. If you have an air compressor with a regulator, that will work. You could even rig a bicycle pump with a couple of fittings. Depends on what you have handy. Just make sure to ground the sender to the truck to complete the curcit, that is if you just want to confirm the gauge calibration.

And 5 PSI is possible, but just not that good.