• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wiring harness

joshua

Contributor
Hi guys, im getting ready to purchase a wiring harness for my 68. cant decide on the Centech or painless harness. there is about $200 in price (centech being cheaper). But from what i can see in the ads for them they are pretty much the same harness exept for some fuses on the painless. so if that is the only real diff i think i will go with the centech unless any one has some big no no's to tell me about.

thanks josh.

P.S. the only electric extra goodie i want down the road winch.

bighorn

I just bought the 4wheelinjuny harness two weeks ago. Just waiting on delivery......

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I installed a centech into my 77. It was a breeze. I had a couple of issues hooking the ignition system, but Tech Support was there to walk me through. A year later, I upgraded to a 3G alternator and they answered more of my questions.

I would buy Centech again, no contest.

BTW, I don't see why adding a winch would be a problem with either kit.

OP
OP
joshua

joshua

Contributor
I installed a centech into my 77. It was a breeze. I had a couple of issues hooking the ignition system, but Tech Support was there to walk me through. A year later, I upgraded to a 3G alternator and they answered more of my questions.

I would buy Centech again, no contest.

BTW, I don't see why adding a winch would be a problem with either kit.

it wouldnt just sayin thats y i diddnt need the super fancy tons of extras one.
but glad to hear your happy with the centech. would like to also know if any one that is currently running this other one mentioned above. is it easy to install or more of a pain.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I put a centech in my 73 and will put the same harness in my 70. On the 76, I'm going with the 4x4 junky one.

John

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I put the painless harness in my 73 and so far have not had any problems and was not a hard install. I went with the painless because I was moving things around on my dash.

My son and I are currently working on a 72 and it will get a centech based on all the comments read on this site. Everything on it will remain in the stock locations.

Good luck with your choice.

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
I'm doing a Centech right now. It's going together real nicely. The only thing I found was that there isn't really any mention of how to wire the fuel selector switch. I did find the answer though by doing some searching through old posts here.