• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'73 I think* dis-assembly pics~

LoneRanger

Contributor
Loc.
Gunshine State
cant find a dang VIN # anywhere but there is some minor rust LOL.

any where I almost have her tore down all the way. motor and tranny will come out in the next week or 2- then clean clean clean and add the new body panels.

post-11-70291-Image004.jpg

post-11-70336-Image006.jpg

post-11-70373-Image007.jpg

post-11-70411-Image009.jpg

post-11-70460-Image010.jpg

OP
OP
LoneRanger

LoneRanger

Contributor
Loc.
Gunshine State
more pics~

front pass body mount rusted straight through!
post-11-70520-Image005.jpg

dash and wiring harness is gone~
post-11-70582-Image000.jpg

post-11-70606-Image001.jpg

Pass side fender apron to kick panel joint~
post-11-70631-Image002.jpg

post-11-70706-Image003.jpg

this would "appear" to have stock power steering although the PS pump was not on the motor.
post-11-70732-Image004.jpg

post-11-70793-Image005.jpg

If anyone knows where I can find the back side of the door post as shown here it would be GREAT! LMC shows a pice but the description is ummmm well lacking clarity. they have some rectangle pice with 2 notches in it, not a pice with the smooth curves that could be just spot welded back in place. I honestly dont know what to do here.
post-11-70914-Image006.jpg

the to do list so far consists of new fenders front, stock rear quarters, new fender aprons (both sides), new kick panels (both sides), new Ford stamped rocker panels (both sides) new core support brackets, new pass front wheelwell, new floor pan set, and new bed floor, rebuilt 302, new nv 3550tranny, NEW wiring harness, new brake lines, new brake master cylinder and booster, good used hard top($$$ ouch!), new 2.5" suspension, 1" body, and new PAINT. If I can find a 78-79 4x4 bronco I want everything from the knuckles out so I can run all ford parts and have disk brakes!

I have roughly 8,500.00 to spend. all labor will be free (aside from engine block work)

L.R.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Please dont take this wrong, But thats a lot of work right there. It took me over a year to get the body back on the frame and mine was better than yours. If you have $8500.00 to spend you might give some thought to finding another thats ready to drive. You might have more fun with that money. Good Luck If I can help Let me know. Been there done with that.

Bax

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
You're going to bring that back from the dead? Man, that's awesome. The dumb asses at The Bronco Connection part out Broncos that are in ten times better shape than that.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Dang, I sure wish mine would have been in that good of shape whe I started.

With the $$ you have to spend have you thought of going with a fiberglass?

OP
OP
LoneRanger

LoneRanger

Contributor
Loc.
Gunshine State
:cool: thought about going glass, but I'd rather have steel!

also thought about starting with a better vehicle to begin with, but then I dont know whats been done and what has'nt.

I am not doing a frame off resto~ although when I get the body back together I probably will pull it off the frame to clean it up and re-install fuel and brake lines.

I am always open to any suggestions and or ideas about what to do 1st or how to do it at all.

L.R. :cool:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Well I think you can buy every panel needed to build a new tub. Problem is you just may have too. Go to the graveyard and look at the sheet metal parts. you may start to get an idea of how many parts you will need.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
...and keep your eye on the free classifieds. I've seen people give away decent hard tops!

willtel

I am not doing a frame off resto~ although when I get the body back together I probably will pull it off the frame to clean it up and re-install fuel and brake lines.

L.R. :cool:

I think if you are taking it down that far you should just go ahead and take the body off of the frame. At this point all you have to do is pull the shifters, column and body mounts and your done. Your frame will be much easier to work with without the body in the way. Just be sure if you do take it off to brace the body before you remove it, with that many structural pieces rusted you don't want it to fold up on you when you remove it.

Also, when you take the body off you can get the VIN off of the passenger frame rail.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Yikes! That is alot of rust. You are going to spend a ton of money buying new sheet metal. If you are a competant welder/body man, then go for it. If not, I would go fiberglass. I really don't see any salvagable panels in your photos unless you are just building a hunting rig. Good Luck.

Chris B.

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
Hey Ranger, Where in Ocala are you? I have a place in Cedar Landing just north of Hog Valley in the forest. I stay up there atleast one weekend a month and would be glad to lend you a hand. I talked to a guy in G-ville a couple months ago that was selling parts. He has two complete tubs he is selling but I havent seen pic's. I will try and track him down again if your interested. I might be up there Saturday and if I have time I will try and meet up with him.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
LoneRanger, I think I would do as Imagator suggested and find another tub. I'm not trying to knock what you have, but, where would you start with that. I see nothing there to start with and if you are going to replace everthing its going to be difficult to line everything without a jig, not saying it can't be done but just a lot of work. Good luck

bax

Contributor
Old Member
there is a 77 in the for sale section. looks good and is $7900.00
You could be driving tomorow

OP
OP
LoneRanger

LoneRanger

Contributor
Loc.
Gunshine State
imagator, I'm deffinaetly intrested in what he has- went out froggin this evening on orange lake with a friend, dont know if this is enough time or not~

I live between 326 and 27 just west of 75.

thanks for the help!

L.R.