• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4?

jarrod

Loc.
Cedar Hills, Utah
My engine revs really high before it will shift into 2nd do I just need to get my trans flushed and serviced or is this the start of something really bad?

Boring66

Loc.
Boring, Oregon
Most vacuume modules have an adjustment that you can axcess by pulling the hose off the modulator on the transmission. Turns in shift later and out shifts sooner. also while your there check the hose that runs from the manifold down to the module sometimes they will get soft and suck shut and that will keep it from shifting.

Last edited:

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
My engine revs really high before it will shift into 2nd do I just need to get my trans flushed and serviced or is this the start of something really bad?
Check your vacuum modulator lines on top and bottom for leaks. The hose may be cracked or damaged. That's where i'd look first. Then go and post more pics in the off topic forum ;D

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
This seems to be a very common topic in this forum and the usual remedy is vacuum related. I had a similar problem which was corrected when I found my vacuum line between the intake manifold and the modulator was slightly pinched by a clip that keeps it away from the exhaust.