• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How do I I.D. my suspension lift?

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
When I bought my EB the PO said it had a 2" suspension lift. I'm not sure I really believe him (especially based on other whoppers he told me). Regardless, it does seem to have some lift on it. But the front seems lower than the back. I can't find any markings anywhere and I was thinking about putting new springs in the front to even it out. But I don't want to buy the wrong height and have everything all screwed up. The C-Bushings look original.

It seems like a stupid question, but how do I tell if I actually have a 2" lift and not a 2.5" or none at all? How do I figure out what springs to buy without having to buy a whole susupension lift kit?

Thanks in advance and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Amac70

ME
measure from the top of the front axle to the frame I believe stock is 7 Inches any higher then that will tell you how much lift you have.

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
When I bought mine the PO said it had a 4 inch lift. It ended up being stock with the exception of 2 inch lift blocks in the back that leveled it out.
Tom

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Man! I measured the distance between top of the axle and the frame (just beside the bump stop) and it's 6 1/2 inches!!! It's not even "stock" (7 inches). Crap! Is there anything my PO didn't lie about. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Now I can't figure out how 33" BFGs fit under there??? (it does rub occasionally) I didn't check the back. Do you measure it the same way?

Guess I'm gonna need a lift kit.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Man! I measured the distance between top of the axle and the frame (just beside the bump stop) and it's 6 1/2 inches!!! It's not even "stock" (7 inches). Crap! Is there anything my PO didn't lie about. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Now I can't figure out how 33" BFGs fit under there??? (it does rub occasionally) I didn't check the back. Do you measure it the same way?

welcome to bronco ownership, its a life time of undoing what the PO did;D yeah i did from the bottom of the frame rail and the top of the axle.

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA

33s fit fine depending on the tire width and the backspacing on the wheel.
Tom