• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI Harness

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You seem to be missing alot of items in the summit harness (relays). I would either have your harness rebuilt by american bronco or get the rjm harness. Dusty at west coast stated that american bronco does a great rebuild. BI

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Can I use the ford EFI harness for my EFI conversion. I have a good engine harness, but the rest of the harness is cut up. I may fix it, but this looks like it will work and pretty good for the money.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294925143+4294839062+400070+115&autoview=sku

This is the old FMS harness, pretty much like what came on a 93 mustang. It is missing two parts: the harness that connects to the motor, and the harness that connects to the O2 sensors. The motor harness is no longer available from FMS. You would need to use your used one. The black and white large connectors to the engine harness (commonly called the Salt and Pepper connectors) are known to have connection issues as they get older. There are two 02 sensor (HEGO) harnesses, one for manual trans and one for auto trans. I am not sure if they are still available. And you are going to need to buy a number of relays and sensors that are not part of this harness. They are cheaper to buy in the FMS kit than to try and buy they individually at an auto parts store. This harness is also set up for a battery on the drivers side, so you will need to open up the wire loom and tape and relocate/extend a few wires.
It can be done, I did it on my 75 and I will be doing it on my 77 this summer.

The newer, more expensive harness that FMS sells, deletes some the connectors, is simplier to install and it is not CA smog compliant. It is set up similar to Ryan's harness.
Hope this helps, Doug

Dusty

Bronco Guru
You seem to be missing alot of items in the summit harness (relays). I would either have your harness rebuilt by american bronco or get the rjm harness. Dusty at west coast stated that american bronco does a great rebuild. BI

Yes the harness re-work by RK Harness/ABCO is a great service. I know quite a few folks who have used it with great results. And it comes with awesome customer service too!

Dusty

smoked77

Loc.
Columbus, IN
I bought the main harness only from Summit, reused the injector (engine harness) and reused the O2 harness. The main harness came with all the relays and stuff that I needed - just be sure to get this one:
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...-12071-C302&N=700+4294925143+115&autoview=sku

I reused all of my sensors, so I was not concerned about that. I went to the junkyard for anything else. Worked fine for me and saved me about $400 over the RJM harness.....