• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

89 Lincoln Donor Car, Will it work?

RadioFlyer

I have a shot at a, 89 Lincoln towncar with a 5.0 EFI motor and a 4 speed non electric shift (I don't know what that means). I am looking to use the motor, tranny, harness and computer... Will these work and what little extras should I be looking for to make this fit my 67? Also, will any of the disc brakes work from this car?

Feel free to expound on tips and other goodies I can get off this car... I am new to Broncos, just picked up my first, a 67 for $1500 with straight, relatively rust free body.

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
IF you plan to leave it stock, a great choice. You will need a kit from Advance Adapters to make the tranny work, but a good choice. Leave the motor as a speed density, and you wont need a whole lot of extras to do the swap. Follow along with any of the general conversions that are written up. Wiring it to the Bronco is no different than doing an EFI converison on 65-70 Mustangs and 65-79 F-100 pickups.