• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Electrical help

HYLO

I have a 69 bronco and all the electrical works alright but the temp,oil, and fuel gauges. I noticed earlier on this forum an electrical schematic thru a Bronco Graveyard link, but I cant find it now. Any suggestions?

70_Steve

Old Guy
I always use N8's Site for electrical schematics. http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~i6735189/diagrams.htm

All three of those gauges are powered from an Instrument Voltage Regulator (IVR) that's mounted on the back side of the gauge cluster. The schematics should show it. The IVR produces a pulsed voltage. If you measure with an analog voltmeter, look for the needle bouncing between about 3 and 7-8 volts DC. If using a digital meter, look for voltages anywhere from .5 to 10.5 volts.