• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body Panels

PlaneDrvr99

Loc.
Norman, Oklahoma
Well I just bought my first bronco. Its a 1976 and the body is mostly trash. Yup, I have to replace almost every piece of metal on it. I was wondering if I could get input on the different suppliers. I am thinking Dennis Carpenter for the floor plans and exterior stuff but it looks as if LMC has all the other stuff I need. Anyone use LMC parts and are they worth it? I think I can get most of the firewall from Bronco Graveyard. Oh yeah I should also mention that I am just learning to weld right now. Yeah Yeah I know I am crazy but I have always wanted one of these early broncos since I was a kid.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Welcome! No better way to learn than to do it yourself.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Welcome.

I only got side mirrors, rear view mirror, accelerator pedal, & covers for the other pedals & those were reasonably priced.

I'd say for body parts, go with another vendor.

65 mustang

Welcome at the awesome world of Early Broncos!! Dont be afarid of digging in and getting it done.Help is at your fingertips. THESE GUYES AND GALS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Scott

NMWILLY

Loc.
Hendersonville, NC
Poor guy ... your in trouble now! Welcome!
Might as well join the rest of us Bronco maniacs (or idiots ... can't make up my mind)!

I have been suprised by the fast service and quality of National Parts Depot. They have a good selection of early bronco parts and they stock most everything. I ordered some stuff from Auto Krafters and almost all of it was back ordered for 60 days. I have'nt used LMC but Carpenter seems to do a good job as well.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help or advice.

Fishbone

Loc.
Northern, Illinois
Welcome:)

I've bought things from several different vendors, and was happy with them all for the most part.

I buy a lot from JBG because they are fairly close to me, so the shipping is usually cheaper and faster. They almost always have fair prices. If I call them instead of ordering online, I'm not always happy with the attitude I get from them. Some of their people are great, others not so much.

I always get helpful and happy service from Tom's.

I haven't used LMC for the EB, but have bought a few things from them for my old truck. Their prices are kind of inconsistent, low or in the ballpark on some things, but high on others, but otherwise, no problems.

Bronco Hut, has been good also. We did have an issue with a used part from them, but they were very willing to make things right.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I've used Jeff's and Wild Horses and BC and had excellent service from all three. Good websites and easy to use as well.

OP
OP
PlaneDrvr99

PlaneDrvr99

Loc.
Norman, Oklahoma
Well I just noticed you can purchase a full steel body kit from JBG. I think I am going to try that. hopefully it will work out for me. If not, well it sure will be funny to sit and just laugh at me.

jedblake

Loc.
Boulder City, NV
Welcome and congrats on the purchase!
As mentioned above the bronco suppliers all sell quality parts at roughly the same prices.
I've had good luck w/ LMC and Dennis Carpenter on OE parts.

Ohio Bill

Loc.
Riverside, OH
I found LMC to be a little pricy. I have bought from JBG and have been happy with the prices and availablity. I might suggest contacting aome of the fellows at Lone Star Bronco club for some help in finding you some good used parts....clubs are always good source.