• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body panel tolerance and measurments

BIG Daddy

Hey guys,
I got a manual starter from the local parts store today. I got three days off so my son and I plan taking our newly rebuilt top loader conversion for a test ride. If all is OK, my next step is to take the tub off the frame have it sand blasted and get a lot of practice with my mig. My question is where can I get some info on panel placement tolerances and measurement. I hope one of you guys can save me some time looking. I have found diagrams with all the panel shown. It would make life easier if I knew what factory specs were.

rmcbama

Loc.
Birmingham
Assembly Manual

I pulled my tub several months ago and am going through the same process. I haven't started putting anything back together but I bought an assembly manual several months ago (don't recall where) that has the information you're looking for. A web search should locate it. It's titled "1966-70 Ford Bronco Body & Interior Assembly Manual." It was relatively inexpensive and has a lot of information, especially if you're staying original.

j.blakeslee

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NASSUA NY
I pulled my tub several months ago and am going through the same process. I haven't started putting anything back together but I bought an assembly manual several months ago (don't recall where) that has the information you're looking for. A web search should locate it. It's titled "1966-70 Ford Bronco Body & Interior Assembly Manual." It was relatively inexpensive and has a lot of information, especially if you're staying original.

2x on the manual... i got one with a parts truck i picked up...very helpful

Wyldebill

Loc.
Berthoud, Colorado
Do your self a favor and do not have your body parts sand blasted. Find some one who media blast's and have a conversation with them about what type of media to use that will not warp your body panels.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru

The one I have which I believe is the same as the one he's talking about doesnt give you any specs or measurements it only show diagrams and part numbers really only good for seeing what piece of weather strip goes where and what screw holds it on.
Basically I'd take all your own measurements also note if any gaps seem to wide or to small then you can adjust as needed every bronco seems to be a bit diferent