• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hose placement for tank selector?

RollTideMach

Loc.
Birmingham, AL
It looks like the mechanics that "fixed" my bronco a few years back disconnected the aux tank from the tank selector valve and ran it straight to the main fuel line to the carb. The drivers side and center ports on the valve are connected by a peice of 3/8" hose running from the center to the driver side ports with the rear tank running to the passenger side port. Common since would tell me that aux tank hooks to the left port, main tank hooks to the right port, and the center port goes directly to the carb. I just wanted to make sure this is the case so i can try to get the truck to fire. Thanks.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You are correct, I never understood why the selector valve points in the correct postion and the fuel switch for the gage points in the opposite, it would be easy to change but the bezel would be incorrect. I'm sure it was used on other models and thats just the way it happend to be, it just would make more sense if they both pointed in the same direction.

orangebronco68

Loc.
Mesa, AZ
Get yourself an electric tank switch and a 6pole double throw switch and it will control both your tanks switch and fuel guages. This switch will also fit in the original fuel tank bezel on your dash and look completely stock. Best upgrade for a fuel system. No More Thinking Backwards.

OP
OP
R

RollTideMach

Loc.
Birmingham, AL
I just did the opposite of what they had done to try and get it to fire. It still isnt drawing fuel out of the main tank. i dont know if i have a small leak, and bad pump, or a stuck float. Any suggestions?

bluebronco69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Damascas, OR
was it working before? as in was it running off of the aux tank? if so i bet the pick up in the main tank is plugged or something

oleguy74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
calif city ca
Get yourself an electric tank switch and a 6pole double throw switch and it will control both your tanks switch and fuel guages. This switch will also fit in the original fuel tank bezel on your dash and look completely stock. Best upgrade for a fuel system. No More Thinking Backwards.

stock switch will do that.