• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Engine enamel

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Do I need to paint the engine with engine enamel or can I just use regular Rustoleum or Krylon paint? I don't like the color choices of engine enamel.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
engine paint is designed for high temps. So to get the longest lasting paint I would stick with engine paint.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Mark, did you see the blue I had? I think it is close to what you were going to spray in the engine compartment. I'm really wanting to throw some chevy orange on mine. Would look sweet with the aluminum heads and efi

OP
OP
blubuckaroo

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Josh,
If I remember right, Ford used a really nice Orange/Red. It's a bit deeper than Chevy's. I used it on the 427 in the Chevelle. Looked really nice with the aluminum parts and power blue headers.

bronconate

Loc.
Edgewater
Heres a little paint tip I havent been able to share. Not exactly what your looking for but you never know. Im sure many of you have seen the exhaust wrap stores sell to wrap headers in. Usually right next to it they keep a paint that you are supposed to buy as well to paint the wraps. I have used this paint on my old 170 exhaust manifold and I am now using it on my V8 manifolds. It doesnt bake or flake off like a lot of the exhaust paint I have used in the past. Works really well, but its only available in a couple colors. Not good for your engine I guess, but when it comes to refurbing some old manifolds/headers, this stuff is the way to go unless you got a lotta frogskins for powdercoating.

OP
OP
blubuckaroo

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
IThere weren't a lot of choices in blue engine enamel. I just painted it with the same stuff it was born with.

Attachments

• motor 1 b.JPG
    motor 1 b.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 40

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
True Bule is bad ass, Dont even think of painting a ford shetty orange

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg