• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

quick efi wiring question

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
ok so i am going to start my efi swap and had a question about the original voltage regulator on the fenderwell. does this just get disconnected and leave the plug or do i need to jump something out in the plug to complete a circuit. any help would be appreciated. i will be hopefully starting a build thread here within the next few days. just have to figure out how to download pics and upload here, using photobucket. got to figure out how to resize also.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
If you use the stock alternator you'll need to keep the regulator working. If not you can remove it and use the green-red wire for a hot-in-run wire.

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
Use the original Green/ red wire from the Regulator to the Green/ red wire on the 3G. Eliminate everything else except the ground.