• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech vs. Painless ?

Razortusk

I have been looking at the Centech and the Painless Bronco wiring kits. There seems to be big difference in price as the Centech is around $450 and the painless is around $700. Is the new painless wiring worth the extra $300?

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I just helped a friend install his Centech last weekend this is the second one that I have installed. They were both painless. Not worth the extra $250 in my opinion. I also have another Centech kit on my shelf waiting to be installed in my Bronco in a couple months. I guess you could say I'm am a fan of the Centech kit.

Adventurous4x4

Loc.
Hagerstown , Md
I sell both the Centech and the Ron Francis kits , depending on the options you have in you truck will depend on which one I would recommend . The Centech is a straight forward wiring kit that doesnt give alot of options for lighting and stereo, not that you cant put them in but the Ron Francis harness leaves alot of open circuits that can be used for upgrades and add-ons . I can get you good deals on the Centech and the Ron Francis harness'
I have one thing to say about the Painless and that is $$$$$

Randy Wood
Adventurous 4x4
301-791-6869

ransil

Bronco Guru
I just went to the Ron Francis site and seen they have a new style harness the "24/7".
http://www.ronfrancis.com/prodinfo.asp?number=AC-67
Its a lot more compact than the Express series and pretty much can be had for any options you can throw at it. They will include hookup for any alternator or ignition system you have, and they provide large gauge wire for the alternator.

My good Bronco has a Ron Francis Harness purchased from Randy at Adventurous 4x4, not the EZ Box, looks to be a little bit bigger, it has a spot for everything you can throw at it, Its not a drop in like the Centech Just takes a bit more planning and work, but is way more flexible.

I'm still trying to decide on what harness to install into the trail bronco and the Ron Francis is at the top of the list, not sure I need something this nice in a trail bronco but its very flexible and I'm picky on my wiring stuff.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
how many circuits on the original bronco fuse panel?

That's not going to be a fair comparison to anything aftermarket. The Bronco harness used single fuses to protect multiple circuits and even used breakers in the headlight switch to power a lot of other circuits.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have a Centech harness in my 67. I did not install it but it has worked fine. I think that if you want a real plug and play harness the Painless one is the best, second would be the centech and third would be the more electrical savy kits like the Ron Francis and others. If I were to replace one of my other harness I would use the Centech!

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Egad... this has been hashed out ad nauseum...
I hate to say it, but type "painless centech" in the search function, pour a cup of coffee, and you can read and learn for hours.