• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

can't get fuel to Carberator

bodatiousx30

I have changed out the fuel pump, fuel filters, all knew fuel lines, and all knew eletrical wiring as well and still not getting fuel to carberator. Still no luck, What am I missing?

Vintage Steel

Loc.
Post Falls, ID
Got gas in your tank?
Not being a smart ass, it happens.
leaking fuel fitting sucking air?
if you take the line off at the carb do you get feel there?

Dave_in_Texas

Loc.
Denton, TX
Mechanical or electrical fuel pump?

Could rust or other debris be in the tank and be obstructing the lines?

You could remove the gas line to the carb and temporarily route it with some extra line to an empty gas can and see if it pumps anything into it while turning it over. If it does pump gas, then your problem lies in the carb. If it doesn't, the problem lies below the engine.

If it doesn't pump any gas into the can, you can hook a vacuum gauge up to the end of that extra line and see what PSI it is pushing out.

Dave

OP
OP
B

bodatiousx30

Mechanical or electrical fuel pump?

Could rust or other debris be in the tank and be obstructing the lines?

You could remove the gas line to the carb and temporarily route it with some extra line to an empty gas can and see if it pumps anything into it while turning it over. If it does pump gas, then your problem lies in the carb. If it doesn't, the problem lies below the engine.

If it doesn't pump any gas into the can, you can hook a vacuum gauge up to the end of that extra line and see what PSI it is pushing out.

Dave

Thank you

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If it is an eletrical pump...
Is it wired right (polarity) and plumbed right (going from tank to carb).
Yea, basic. But I have seen several people swear up and down they have it right, double and triple checked. Then find out that they really did have it wrong afterall.

Second are you pulling from a fitting on the gas tank that sucks fuel from below the level of the fuel? Take the fuel line off and blow into the tank. You should hear the bubbles gurgling from the gas filler neck.

Another is an air leak will be diastourious. A tiny split in a hose will bleed air and keep fuel from moving.

My mention multi tanks, where is the selector valve under the seat positioned? Also a source of leaks and clogs. Good thing to bypass until you have it running just so you can rule it out.

OP
OP
B

bodatiousx30

Thanks for the help!

I have changed out the fuel pump, fuel filters, all knew fuel lines, and all knew eletrical wiring as well and still not getting fuel to carberator. Still no luck, What am I missing?

Hey just wanted to say thank you took all of your advice and one by one worked in the lines and Also I forgot I have a Edelbrock 500 and My latronic Choke was stuck. She is running like a champ!;D