• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EEC code question-ghost whisperer where are you?

NJB71

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Little Silver, NJ
ok so I got my new toy today, a digital code reader-now as some may know, when I finishedmy swap I didnt do a test 1st(no code reader), she drives great-but i did hook up the code reader and came uo w/ KOEO 15, 85, 84 and then the C-33, 41.....the koeo 15 is read only memory failure?, and then 84 and 85, one is canister purge the other is egr failure....i have an egr eliminator from chuck, but i thought rjm's harness has it built in? the C 33 is egr as well, and the 41 code is the hego lean...any suggestions?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Codes 33, 81, 82, 84, 85, 44 and 94 will still show with the RJM harness. No big deal there. Code 15 is common if the battery is disconnected to clear the codes. No big deal. The only code you need to be concerned with is the 41, right HEGO lean. Check for exhaust leaks on that side, make sure HEGO is plugged in good, etc. Could be a sign that an injector isn't working well or you have a vac leak too.

To clear codes without causing code 15:

1. Setup the system to run a KOEO self-test.
2. Turn Ignition On.
3. As soon as the codes start to flash, disconnect the STI jumper wire.
4. Turn Ignition Off, set the system to run a KOEO self-test again, and confirm code 15 is cleared from memory (CM codes).

OP
OP
N

NJB71

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Little Silver, NJ
i have the sct6600 on there, so maybe 15 setting off....the hego issue-i have retro tek clamps and on drivers side the clamp is not closing off(i can hear the exhaust leak ticking)cause the exhaust is bent hard there, its not round so to speak......so until i teach myself how to weld bung i am using the clamps, that being said I bought some exhaust cement and I will putty the gap shut, should eliminate leak...but the leak could be giving me the code right?