• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

spindle Id Number????

boxerharley

Loc.
Centralia WA
Im in the middle of the chevy disk conversion. I got all the parts together from parts stores and junkyards. I was cleaning up a spindle and found this casting #
35688 H2S88. The S might be a 6 also.

Can anyone tell me the exact info of the spindle with that number?
Please and thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are those numbers from around the flange edge boxerharley? Are there any other numbers at other points along the circumference of the flange? What year GM truck did they come from?

Just curious.

Paul

OP
OP
B

boxerharley

Loc.
Centralia WA
Are those numbers from around the flange edge boxerharley? Are there any other numbers at other points along the circumference of the flange? What year GM truck did they come from?

Just curious.

Paul

Yes, they are on the edge of the flange. and i think they came off a 74 blazer. But the guy at the junkyard said he pulled them...and i dont trust the dude, thats why I was curious about the number

72Sport

Bronco Guru
Im in the middle of the chevy disk conversion. I got all the parts together from parts stores and junkyards. I was cleaning up a spindle and found this casting #
35688 H2S88. The S might be a 6 also.

Can anyone tell me the exact info of the spindle with that number?
Please and thanks

I have pulled several sets of chevy spindles. I have not seen the same number on any of them. I think the first # is probably a Job Order# and the second group of numbers is a date code. That is just a guess. The real test is see if your Bronco inner bearing will fit on the inner bearing surface of the "known" Chevy spindle. If your Bronco inner bearing will not fit it is not the right spindle.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep. That, and that other thread that was linked to above should help you identify them for sure.
If there are no other numbers along the flange edge (that would match the Dana/Spicer numbers expected) then I'd be leary of them as well. Until you prove otherwise that is.
The guy at the yard might have just said, "heck, this '78 K20 is just the same as that '74 K5 I had here last month. He'll never know the difference."
Or something along those lines.

Good luck. Hope they work. Let us know if the bearings fit like 72Sport was saying.

Paul