• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Edelbrock Q-Jet Help

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
Are all Q-Jet carbs 750cfm? I'm just curious as i'm looking to run the Edelbrock Q-Jet on my 351W that i just finished rebuilding. I want to try it out before going w/ the full blown EFI setup. My 351W is just a basic rebuild that is bored .030 over and nothing too extreme. Can you get a lower cfm Q-jet or were they all this size? Just curious, thanks for your help.

Luke

Amac70

ME
they are not all 750's my edelbrock q jet (1906 on tag) is an 850. The cfm on a qjet isn't like on a holly or similar. You can run bigger qjet because of the way they are configured. my qjet runs my motor just fine which is a basically stock 351 roller motor, edelbrock rpm intake, e7 heads, headers. nothing to special about it.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
As with any vacuum secondary carb its only going to open as far as the engine needs dictate. but qjunks are a little better than big holley or other carbs as the small primarys make driveability better. Other carbs have bigger primaries to attain the large cfms.