• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need Carb Help

landacre

Loc.
Spring Branch, TX
I rebuilt my 2150 carburetor and now I am having problems. I truns fine at idle, but when I open the throttle it kind of surges. Looking down the carb, it seems like it is dumping alot of fuel in the intake. Could it be a bad power valve? If the float is set too high it would not cause that would it?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Could be a high float. also could be the power valve. Is fuel dripping when its idling? Id recehck the float level first. The power valve will cuase it to run rich but I dont think it would actaully be dripping a lot. One other thing that can happen is that if you didnt reinstall the check ball in the accelerator pumop circuit if could just pull fuel out of the pump causing the issue.