• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New problem

brambo2008

Loc.
Fresno
OK, Let's see who can anwser this one. My Bronco started up with no problem went about 30 miles and stopped to get gas. Filled it up and went to start it up and no fire? Popped the hood to see if I was getting gas in my Holley stand alone, fuel pump was working and getting gas? My fuel pressurre was also good. So please tell me if my next step is to check for spark under the distridutor cap, ignition switch, plugs, relays?

Thanks for any advise!!!;D

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Your next step is to check for spark. What ignition system is it?

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
check that there is juice in the batt. Check heavy cables like grounds

then

pull the dizzy cap off and look for abnormal ware
also check that the rotor is long enough to spark the points in the dizzy cap

or

pull the center wire of the dizzy and put a spark plug on it
the ground the plug to the block or some good bare metal
have some one else try to turn it over

if you get a hot white spark and the cap and rotor are good
do the same but pull the number one wire and go from there

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
well damn the same thing happened to me i was happy driving my bronco around then filled her up and turned the ignition and the darn thing didnt fire. Ended up being my distributor wire. Great way to ruin a good drive huh

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
Could be your coil. It is probably something very simple. A loose wire. Your alarm has engaged. A loose battery cable. A dirty or wet rotor or cap.

OP
OP
B

brambo2008

Loc.
Fresno
No, it is down at my mom's shop. I will not get to check anything until tomorrow. I will try each step that you guys have suggested.

Thanks...

hdfx81

If it's a mallory unilite it could be the module they have a habit of dying if you have a voltage spike. Summit has replacement modules part# MAA 6100M for 37.95 they're supposed to be tougher than the originals also I'd recommend getting mallory's circuit guard to protect from voltage spikes and make sure all your grounds are good(Batt to engine, engine to frame and frame to body)

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
my coil failed a while back (open circuit, no spark to the dizzy)... it was probably 20 years old or more. that would be a good place to start checking.