• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

blinker/hazard light issue

saxman

Loc.
Austin, TX
ok, truck has been sitting for 8 months. tranny filter pump broke in January. finally had time to pull tranny and take to guy to have rebuilt.

got tranny installed and everything put back together. Now, when I turn on the headlights, the right blinker stays on. With the headlights on and I signal with the right blinker, it acts normal and blinks. but when the blinker lever is in the off position, the right blinker light is on/solid all the time.

Left blinker works normal all the time. :)

now, when the lights are on, and the hazard switch is pulled out to turn the hazard lights on, the right blinker is not on or solid light all the time. the blinkers and hazards act normal when the lights are off too.

seems to me it is somewhere in the steering column where the hazard light switch is?? the hazard lights cadence is not steady either all the time, the cadence is steady with the lights off, but with the lights on, the cadence slows down and is irregular too...

any ideas?