• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spring opinions.......

lowpressure

Loc.
Shreveport, LA
I would like some opinions on which coil/leaf spring combo to run on my 68......it was already lifted 5.5 inches when i got it last year but it was not well done. The front springs seem ok but im replacing them anyway and the rear was done with blocks and helpers and im putting in a full leaf spring. They didnt fix any of the geometry problems with the steering and suspension parts in the front either but ive already done that.

I'm putting 5.5 inch lift springs back on it because thats what ive already set up the truck for but other than that im open for discussion.......

I also put a 3 inch body lift to help putting the nv4500 in and 38/13.5/18s to fill the wheel wells. It will be used for both on and off road. I just got the frame back from the powder coater so im gonna move on this pretty quick so i can get my rolling chassis back together and get started on the body.

thanks for any help on this
steve

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I would get a 5.5 inch kit from one of the vendors. DO NOT GO WITH THE % LEAF PACKS OR THE STANDARD LIFT COILS, get either a progressive coil, or Rock Crawler series and 9 to 11 pack leaf's- Your teeth with thank you!

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Can ya order me some teeth while your at it?
And thanks Nyles caps lock is not a good thing!