• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351w ps pump

Ryan73

Loc.
Moscow Mills MO
Looking to go to the local pick an pull to find a saginaw pump and bracket. Is the 80's ford vans with the 351w all I should keep an eye out for or did it come in any other models? Thanks any info would help

Last edited:

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Vans and pickups are the vehicles most lilely to have 351W's there were some cars that have them as well but usually earlier than the 80's. But Vans seem to usually have the saginaw pump where a pickup may have the ford pump.

Quick & Dirty

Mid - late 70s' big cars often had the sag pump, but they usually had 351M/400 or 460, not the W. These would be a source if you prefer a v-belt pump, but brackets won't bolt up.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
bread vans or delivery trucks (UPS, DHL, Purolator) with W blocks have what you want. brackets and pump and lines. Any of these vans from the 70's are what you want. Some of these had the hydroboost also so grab the whole thing if you find one.
TOFIC

OP
OP
Ryan73

Ryan73

Loc.
Moscow Mills MO
I need a v belt style pump did the early 80's vans have the sag pump and a351w? Are you able to swap a serp. pully for a v belt pully on the newer sag pumps? Last question my 351w is a 1972 will the newer bracket bolt up?

Thanks again for all the help.