• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nick's Trix drop wiper system

Lunchbox

Loc.
Seattle, WA
I'm sure most of you have been on Nicks Trix web site. Looking at "Atianta", "Lig", and "Boca" how did he put the wipers down at the bottom of the windshield frame without any part of it sticking out of the dash. This is not that other lower SS frame system.

I think this is one trix that has to be told for safety.

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
Some people have turned their windshield over and welded the hinge to the top side, which puts the holes on the lower side of the windshield. I also believe that someone sells a new windshield for the conversion as well.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Some people have turned their windshield over and welded the hinge to the top side, which puts the holes on the lower side of the windshield. I also believe that someone sells a new windshield for the conversion as well.

Can't quite do that as the windshield is a trapezoid but you can cut out the window portion and move it or get the aftermarket piece. A lot O dough though.

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi,
Here's what I did and it can be done with 2 wipers on the bottom OR on the top, the top
would be alot easier.

Anyway, how about 3 wipers below the windshield frame...

http://classicbroncos.com/tech/3-arm-wiper-set-up-below-the-windshield-frame

FYI, it will be a year in January since I installed this an so far so good it's been great, no I just need to take it up to the snow and see how it does.

Merry Christmas!
Chris

6daze

The guys over at West Coast Broncos have done this a couple of times as well. However theirs protrudes inside the dash a little bit...

I keep waiting for them to offer it as a DIY kit.

Nick's is very slick though.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I know I know. But I wont tell. It is very Trick however.

OP
OP
L

Lunchbox

Loc.
Seattle, WA
It would be great to know before my paint shop finishes my windshield frame next week. Nick should offer it as a kit for us west coast guys.

Amac70

ME
other then the inherent flawed design of pushing water to the top of the windshield so it can just fall right back into view. instead of pushing the water off the windshield.

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
It would also help to have the wipers on the bottom when pushing off snow in the morning.

junebug

What about using the cable driven units found in the back of hot rod mag??

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
I have never seen it however, If it is under the dash I think it would look a lot nicer when you drive without the top on...

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
other then the inherent flawed design of pushing water to the top of the windshield so it can just fall right back into view. instead of pushing the water off the windshield.

I guess I never noticed after owning an EB for 20 years...

Interesting.

Greg

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is one design Ford didn't get right, it sucks in snow. If I ever redo my 76 I will move them to the bottom of the frame.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I found the top mount wipers to be shaded by the overhang of the roof makes the wiper blades last mush longer then cars that bake them in full sun.

Back in my midwest days they pushed snow with the aid of gravity, not against it. When snow broke loose it fell to the hood and didn't bunch up in the wiper arm.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
4-5 years ago we bought the SPW kit and rearranged it to work with the EB windshield frame on top to fit the stock holes. It works fine but it's still on the shelf, we decided the price was too high and we could not get it down. But if you are doing it yourself right around $300 and a lot of free work would get it done.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I found the top mount wipers to be shaded by the overhang of the roof makes the wiper blades last mush longer then cars that bake them in full sun.

Back in my midwest days they pushed snow with the aid of gravity, not against it. When snow broke loose it fell to the hood and didn't bunch up in the wiper arm.
I agree, also when driving the wind pushes the water up no matter where the wipers are.