• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The order of steering things?

Bundy

Bronco Guru
I have the following I am working on, just wondering if I should install one thing before the other?

1. Stone Crusher steering linkage

2. Adjustable Trac Bar

3. new WH coils

Should I install all the steering linkage before I put the trac bar on? I was going to leave the coils for last to leave me some room to work but I'm wondering if having the steering linkage connected will aid in tracking the axle?

redline8300

Unless you are replacing the coils with the same length coils you are probably backwards on your plan.

OP
OP
Bundy

Bundy

Bronco Guru
they are larger coils, so you guys think the coils will help center the axle a bit to aid in tracking?

joshd1971bronco

Loc.
Oklahoma City, OK
I would install the coils first. This will get the bronco setting at the height it will be sitting at when you're done and all your adjustments to your track bar and your steering linkage will depend on this height.

Then, I would install your adjustable track bar (adjusting it to center the frame over the axles).

Then, you can set up your steering linkage (and adjust and align it) based on a bronco that is sitting at ride height and is centered above the axles.