• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 Question

JRED

I am having some trouble with my c4 it doesn't downshift from 3rd gear when I get to a stop sign. And it doesn't seem like the kickdown feature is working. Could the cable be too loose? Thanks

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
3rd gear downshift problem could be stuck governor valve or stuck valves in valve body.

Kickdown needs to be fully engaged at WOT. Make sure the lever at the trans moves freely (spring loaded) and has full travel at WOT.

OP
OP
J

JRED

Thanks I just orderd a new pan so I guess I will check the valves when I take it off

OP
OP
J

JRED

I am also having trouble determinig my fluid level. I have a LOKAR trans dipstick and when I check the level after the trans is warmed up the dip stick is wet but no wat to tell the true level of the fluid.