• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fitting door inserts

jms5580

Loc.
Bozeman, MT
Just picked up some second-hand fiberglass inserts yesterday and I'm trying to get them fitted, but it looks like the 90* on the inside edge isn't lining up with the floor drop on the DS and PS. It looks like I have to cut out for both sides. Is this typical? Do I have wrong inserts?

Punisher

Contributor
Maybe a pic of what your talking about might help.
Remember your trying to mount these to a body that's at least 35 years old so its probably not to straight anymore. If it don't look horrible I think you would be alright trimming the insert to fit.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Line up the inserts with the out side body lines as best as you can this is the only part that really counts its the part you see every day. Bronco inserts have been made by so many companys some with good quality and some were made by fly by night knock offs which have the right look but are really horrible. the too biggest areas for fitment are the bottom outside edge and the flange around the front and back joor jamb sides. these parts are usually molded too wide and need to be ground down to allow the insert to move in and down. especially at the top rear of the insert.