• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

96 fuel injected 302

bgood96861

Loc.
Aurora, Colorado
Hey guys,

I wasn't planning on an efi swap yet, however I came across a '96 302 complete engine out of a F150, NO ECU or wiring harness, for $300 from a friend. Seemed like a good deal, looking for advice on if I should pursue this or not.

Thanks!
bgood96861

360 4V

What is the condition of this long block? How is the compression? Not having the wiring harness or ecu opens up the door to get an EFI wiring harness made for your early Bronco. If the short block is healthy then $300 for the complete long block is a good deal, even if it needs a valve job and/or cylinder heads milled.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
No ECU and wiring harness is actually a good thing. that would have been a one year only OBD-II set up. Use the normal aftermarket harness and mustang computer.

$300 for a good 302 is fair. Local market (no idea where you are at) will reflect on weather it is just a good deal or a smoking deal.