• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where are there negative offset 16" rims?

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I have a set of 16" rims with 265-75-16 tires. My rims have a zero degree offset. I like the way the "P" series tires handle on my car and really don't want to go to another size. I want to replace the rims with something with less backspacing. As far as I can tell nobody makes a rim with less than 4" to 4.5" backspacing. ?:? All I want is a little more dish.

Sixshooter

Loc.
Lubbock, TX
All I can think of is having some steel wheels made in a custom Backspace. Is that a option for you? What type of wheels are you hoping to run?

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It would also help to know the rim width since a 265 can handle a range of sizes.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would assme that all of the 1-piece 16x8 wheels you linked to are the same casting or forging with the same amount of dish, where they achieve the various offsets noted (0, -13, -19, -22, etc) by just machining the mounting pad to the various specs. If you want a custom wheel with maximum dish, I'd start looking at 2-piece wheels.

backpain

Bronco Guru
Centerline has and will also customize. May be tough finding styles you like, though.

OP
OP
blubuckaroo

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I would assme that all of the 1-piece 16x8 wheels you linked to are the same casting or forging with the same amount of dish, where they achieve the various offsets noted (0, -13, -19, -22, etc) by just machining the mounting pad to the various specs. If you want a custom wheel with maximum dish, I'd start looking at 2-piece wheels.

I doesn't seem to make any difference. One or two piece. All I can find have zero offset. ?:?

John Marinan

Contributor
Loc.
Durango CO.
Stockton wheel in Stockton CA. will make up anything you need. Could be a little expensive. I bought original 6 bolt 15" Chevy rally style truck rims from them that were changed to 16". The rims are now the correct size for 285 75 16" tires.